Subject: To the creator of netrunnercards.info rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mplain
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmb
No no no no!

Please return the function of the Search button to its previous state.
I like your .info site. I do not like your deckbuilder.

Please.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cedric Bertolini
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

Can you elaborate ? The Search button does exactly the same thing on both sites. At least, until proven otherwise.

Glad to hear you like my database, though.

Please note that you can also send me an email or post an issue report on github. You're more likely to join me by those means than on bgg.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Pettigrew
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
While we're discussing netrunnercards.info, what happened to the errata? I had originally bookmarked it because I thought it was keeping track of all rulings on all cards, but I can't find them anymore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mplain
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Alsciende wrote:
Can you elaborate ? The Search button does exactly the same thing on both sites. At least, until proven otherwise.

Exactly. Yesterday .info had its own search engine. Today it redirects me to netrunnerdb.com/en/search.

Alsciende wrote:
Please note that you can also send me an email or post an issue report on github. You're more likely to join me by those means than on bgg.

I did that once, you didn't respond. So I decided to try it a different way, and maybe some other people will join their voices with mine.

I see you keep updating your deckbuilder with new cards, but not the database. Now the search redirect. Do you intend to shut the database down?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cedric Bertolini
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't have enough time to keep it up to date. Mainly, I don't have enough time to track changes made to the rulings. Also, the code that displays the rulings is out-dated, and I already have a long list of things to do, code-wise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cedric Bertolini
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mplain wrote:
Alsciende wrote:

Exactly. Yesterday .info had its own search engine. Today it redirects me to netrunnerdb.com/en/search.

Alsciende wrote:

I did that once, you didn't respond. So I decided to try it a different way, and maybe some other people will join their voices with mine.

I see you keep updating your deckbuilder with new cards, but not the database. Now the search redirect. Do you intend to shut the database down?

I still don't understand you, and I don't understand why you're being aggressive.

Speaking of "functions", the card search on NC.info does exactly the same thing as the card search on NRDB.com. It displays the same lists, with the same options, along with the same smart search features. If your issue with the update/redirection is that you don't like the design/graphics of NRDB.com, I'm sorry to disappoint you. Here what I can propose: send me a few bucks on paypal. If there's enough contributions to cover both hosting fees, I'll keep both sites open and up-to-date. Until then, I'm afraid I'm going to have to shut down one of my sites.

I recall your email (or rather, gmail recalls it). It sounded aggressive and quite rude to me.

Quote:
hello!

http://netrunnercards.info/card/02057/

from the FAQ 1.2:

“All”
The word “all” includes the number zero.
Example: The Corp plays an Oversight AI and rezzes a Woodcutter. The Runner encounters the Woodcutter while it has zero subroutines. The Runner is considered to have broken all the subroutines on the Woodcutter, and the ice is trashed.

so, it seems to me that the ruling posted on the website is old, obsolete, and misleading.
Thanks.

I think that email was the primary reason why I dropped the "rulings" part of my website. I couldn't stay up to date with the recent faq at that time, and I didn't want to risk getting other emails like yours. So I removed that feature a few days later. As to the lack of reply from my part, I couldn't decide if you were rude or if it was some kind on internet mis-comprehension. Then I forgot to reply. Sorry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all your hard work. I think your site is the single best resource for Netrunner on the web. I'm particularly grateful for your API.

There's always going to be someone who bristles at change. Don't let it get to you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cedric Bertolini
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well thank you Asmor!! shiny sparkling hug

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fredrik Zetterman
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also want to chime in and thank you for your hard work. Netrunnerdb.com is now my primary online deckbuilder, as it works great both from phone and from my PC.

Keep up the good work and be confident that for every user that doesn't like your work, there's ten that do like it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miikka Sohlman
Finland
Lahti
flag msg tools
I live in the city of Gulf, on the shores of Lake Water. This fun fact has nothing to do with this badge you're pointing at.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I don't get what mplain is talking about. So what if it redirects you to netrunnerdb.com? The search function there works exactly the same as before and gives the same results. So what's the problem? I see no reason for netrunnercards.info to exist alongside with netrunnerdb.com if the latter does everything that the former did.

Thank you Alsciende. I for one continue to use your excellent service.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cedric Bertolini
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you both! Zerf, you are the creator of Sneakdoor Zeta, right? I'm glad I helped you put that great tool online.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Held
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A new deckbuilder?! Time to test it out. Love the .info site btw. Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fredrik Zetterman
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alsciende wrote:
Thank you both! Zerf, you are the creator of Sneakdoor Zeta, right? I'm glad I helped you put that great tool online.

Yup, that I am. And I'm glad I didn't have to scan all those cards myself Speaking of my site, maybe it's time to change the link from netrunnercards.info to netrunnerdb.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Search works as it always did ... it's in the upper right instead of in the middle of the page. Fine with me.

Thanks Alsciende for the great website

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FirstName LastName
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Uhh I'm not sure what mplain is trying to say, but I for one discovered that the recent change broke my saved search engine bookmark pointed at the site.

I am referring to the Chrome/Firefox feature where you can save a search box as a shortcut. so I can make a new tab and type "k foo" to search "foo" on whatever page "k" is tied to.

For example, in my setup, typing "n s:connection" opens http://netrunnerdb.com/find/?q=s%3Aconnection&sort=name&view... .

This setup was broken by whatever change was just made, but deleting and re-doing the save-a-search-engine in my browser makes it work just fine. So it looks like a one-time break and now that I've re-done it everything is fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Sutcliffe
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
I think mplain has tried using the Search box rather than clicking on 'Cards', which basically takes you to the original search function I know and love.

netrunnercards.info is my #1 Gatherer-style database for Netrunner. I must refer to it several times during every deck build (what Ice deals damage?, I have 1 Influence spare what can I use?, what Shaper events have I forgotten about?).

For what I use it for, netrunnercards.info easily beats cardgamedb.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cedric Bertolini
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DrTall wrote:
Uhh I'm not sure what mplain is trying to say, but I for one discovered that the recent change broke my saved search engine bookmark pointed at the site.

I am referring to the Chrome/Firefox feature where you can save a search box as a shortcut. so I can make a new tab and type "k foo" to search "foo" on whatever page "k" is tied to.

For example, in my setup, typing "n s:connection" opens http://netrunnerdb.com/find/?q=s%3Aconnection&sort=name&view... .

This setup was broken by whatever change was just made, but deleting and re-doing the save-a-search-engine in my browser makes it work just fine. So it looks like a one-time break and now that I've re-done it everything is fine.

Yeah, sorry about that, it's a very old bug in Apache mod_rewrite. As you noticed, recreating the shortcut is the only solution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FirstName LastName
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alsciende wrote:
DrTall wrote:

Yeah, sorry about that, it's a very old bug in Apache mod_rewrite. As you noticed, recreating the shortcut is the only solution.

No worries! It wasn't a big deal at all. I only posted it because maybe that is what mplain was talking about? :-/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mplain
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Alsciende wrote:
I still don't understand you, and I don't understand why you're being aggressive.

Where am I being aggressive? o_O

Alsciende wrote:
If your issue with the update/redirection is that you don't like the design/graphics of NRDB.com

Yep, that's exacyly it.

Alsciende wrote:
I'm sorry to disappoint you. Here what I can propose: send me a few bucks on paypal.

ha ha

Alsciende wrote:
I'm afraid I'm going to have to shut down one of my sites.

Fair enough. Your call, man.

Alsciende wrote:
I recall your email (or rather, gmail recalls it). It sounded aggressive and quite rude to me.

Whaat?! Aggressive and rude? Do you consider all social interactions that don't begin with "Thank you so much for doing such a great job!!" to be aggressive and rude? o_O

I write articles and stuff, and I'm always grateful to people who point me to some mistakes or inconsistencies I made. Not the "LOL stupid your wrong" kind, of course, but I, personally, do not consider "Hey, you've made a mistake here" to be rude and aggressive.

I understand that what is expected of me is to say "I'm sorry if I sounded rude, that was never my intent. Thanks for all the great work you're doing!", but honestly, I don't want to anymore. You sound like a guy who likes his ass kissed. No thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Henderson
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have abused netrunner.info for some time now, and I am nothing but grateful. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FirstName LastName
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mplain wrote:
Do you consider all social interactions that don't begin with "Thank you so much for doing such a great job!!" to be aggressive and rude? o_O

Your OP is not constructive. That Alsciende is put off by it is 1) not a surprise to me and 2) not an indication that Alsciende requires coddling or praise to handle criticism. When what you have to say boils down to "please undo everything you just did" without any more explanation, I don't think you should be surprised that people are turned off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Double Plus Undead
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DrTall wrote:
"please undo everything you just did"

...And do it all to make one user happy.

mplain wrote:
Alsciende wrote:
If your issue with the update/redirection is that you don't like the design/graphics of NRDB.com

Yep, that's exacyly it.

I think the old site looked good, but the new one lets great! I think I'll have to get an account just to try it out, and see if it woos me away from CardGameDB.com.

What's the big deal? If you don't like it, don't use it. It's not like there's a paucity of Netrunner sites around. I can think of two others just off the top of my head: CardGameDB, and netrunner.meteor.com. Why don't you use those?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mplain
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmb
pirate_chef wrote:
What's the big deal? If you don't like it, don't use it. It's not like there's a paucity of Netrunner sites around. I can think of two others just off the top of my head: CardGameDB, and netrunner.meteor.com. Why don't you use those?

And why don't I ask the guy behind netrunner.info to change it back?

I was thinking I'd get support here. I was wrong. Still, even though I'm the only one unhappy about it, I don't see how it justifies you scolding me for expressing my unhappiness.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mychal
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mplain wrote:
I was thinking I'd get support here. I was wrong. Still, even though I'm the only one unhappy about it, I don't see how it justifies you scolding me for expressing my unhappiness.

I wouldn't call that scolding. I think we're all just a little taken aback be how rude you're coming across, and how you don't seem to realize it (or even consider it might be possible you're coming across more negatively than you think after multiple people mention it).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mplain
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Skylar114 wrote:
I wouldn't call that scolding. I think we're all just a little taken aback be how rude you're coming across, and how you don't seem to realize it (or even consider it might be possible you're coming across more negatively than you think after multiple people mention it).

Ok, fine, I admit it, the opening post is not polite enough. I kinda chikened out when I saw my favourite database behaving not the way I'm used to. Like the last time it was shut down "in protest". Which definitely directly lead to the Chronos Protocol being a thing.
I instinctively considered it to be an intrusion into my private space. I shouldn't have, because it's not public property, it's totally Alsciende's private stuff that he chooses to share with the rest of us. I was all like "Tovarisch, what the heck?!" and he was all like "Excuse me, sir, are you addressing me?.." Yeah, I get it. I was wrong.

But, look at my letter that he posted. Do you find that rude and aggressive? Say that you do, and I'll apologize and shut up.

Quote:
hello!

http://netrunnercards.info/card/02057/

from the FAQ 1.2:

“All”
The word “all” includes the number zero.
Example: The Corp plays an Oversight AI and rezzes a Woodcutter. The Runner encounters the Woodcutter while it has zero subroutines. The Runner is considered to have broken all the subroutines on the Woodcutter, and the ice is trashed.

so, it seems to me that the ruling posted on the website is old, obsolete, and misleading.
Thanks.

FYI, at that time the link had a previous ruling posted, that directly contradicted the new ruling, which was out there for like a month or two already.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.