Subject: Map Difficulties? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone thought to organise the maps into an ordered play list including the maps from all the expansions? I am interested to know where the expansion maps fit into the maps included with the base game.
A list of these maps in order of difficulty would be useful... I can't find any information on this on this forum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is any way to measure map difficulty in the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe there is not a way to measure map difficulty but my hope was that there may be a 'rough guide' to the playing of all the maps currently available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. L.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wrote a post that sort of gave gave the difficulty of each map but only for the base game.I started to play the expansions and then started to lose interest in the game. The first two expansion maps were about in the middle as far as difficulty goes. One had a random starting sector that made it extremely difficult if you landed in a bad one. So basically I just had to get destroyed a few games until I got a good sector and then it was pretty easy to beat.I stopped playing when I got to the giant map. Maybe I will play over the Holidays and give a write up.

Also I would say the expansions look like they only up the difficulty a tad. I think they were meant to just give more variety than anything. I think the few good men rule can be annoying. I would rather have higher DEF than have to divide my soldier count by two every roll.

It's too bad this game might be done for, as some of the ideas for it seemed really cool.

And all maps are easier with more players. This is a solo game though and I believe it should be played that way for the biggest challenge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahh yes! I forgot to mention I was asking from a solo perspective, agreed with more players the challenge difficulty is lessened. If you ever finish all the maps I would be interested to read your analysis.

According to the blurb on the next wave of expansions there should be some added challenges that can be introduced to spice things up somewhat without using the few good men rule. It's just a shame we will have to wait soooo looong for these.

By the way I did read your earlier write up Bryan some time ago. I was just interested to see if there was any analysis on all of the maps now that the game has been out for some time. Thanks for replying though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. L.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure if the expansions will ever come out. It's a shame what happened because this game seemed to be extremely popular. Now all the hype has died down and it would be hard if not impossible to build it back up again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.