Popular Tags: [View All]
Frock Lobster
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, it seems like the game is unavailable (for a resonable price) at this point, even though the Kickstarter just happened a few months ago...

The same thing is true of a game like Fleet. Both Haggis and Fleet are right up my alley, but since I wasn't aware of them during the Kickstarter round, they're impossible to find. Ugh.

I'm noticing a frustrating pattern with Kickstarter games vs. games from major publishers - if you learn about a game too late, tough luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan C
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose."
mbmbmbmbmb
FrockLobster wrote:
So, it seems like the game is unavailable (for a resonable price) at this point, even though the Kickstarter just happened a few months ago...

The same thing is true of a game like Fleet. Both Haggis and Fleet are right up my alley, but since I wasn't aware of them during the Kickstarter round, they're impossible to find. Ugh.

I'm noticing a frustrating pattern with Kickstarter games vs. games from major publishers - if you learn about a game too late, tough luck.

My suggestion: develop an addictive tendency for subscribing and checking in on games which interest you. Problem solved!

Now off to schedule some therapy. whistle

In all seriousness, the Indie Boards & Carts Kickstarter campaign for Haggis was in part to help fund a re-print, so I expect that you will see it in game stores or online again in the near future once it hits the distribution channels.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Ross
Canada
North Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2012515236/haggis/posts/...

The backers' copies are arriving in distribution. The rest of the print run should be available "soon" - for differing values of soon, depending on your patience-levels....

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Warren
United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Elves are very good at board games, and I'm NOT an elf!"
mbmbmbmbmb
The first (second ? ) edition was in distribution for several months before eventually selling out.

The second edition (the one recently completed on Kickstarter) was scheduled for October 2013 and like Sean says it is about to hit distribution. Look out for it soon.

Be patient and you will be rewarded with an excellent card game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Schomp
United States
Waxhaw
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got my CSI preorder paid and awaiting stock! whistle

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/137689

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a copy of Haggis at FunGamesCafe.com.

Fleet should be back in stock around December.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
United States
West Union
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's just a playing-card game. Find another matching set of cards and play it all you want until it's conveniently available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven McBride
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can not wait any longer! Excited for this one!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frock Lobster
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a good point, Robert. Thanks for smacking some sense into me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Mac
Canada
Valley
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But don't smack TOO hard
Meaning, this is SUCH a good game, and the physical copy is beautiful, that we need to be sure to buy a copy when it is available. (I know no one suggested they wouldn't, just thought I'd post a reminder also, it is available at boardgame arena! All things considered, a well-supported game at a reasonable price! )

...I am in no way affiliated with this game, but will happily and shamelessly accept any commissions thrown my way
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.