United States
Mount Prospect
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Grey Dolphin Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Once the power is energized/activated, must I do all the text on the card, or is it optional?

I had a couple of cases where I wanted to play a power but skip the text. Once was with Tactical Teleportation, after I had destroyed all of the storyline cards in my deck. I wanted to skip the 'discard 3 cards from deck and draw cards for each storyline discarded' and only use the 'discard 3 cards from deck and do 1 mental damage for each power discarded'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe you have to do all parts of the card unless it says may.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Riley

Chicago
Illinois
msg tools
Asked the question via rulesfaq@heroesofmetrocity.com. Response is:

"If you choose to activate a card, all of the abilities on that card happen during the listed phases. Most abilities simply instruct you to draw cards, discard cards or take some other kind of action. By default, those actions are mandatory. However, some cards use the word "may," which is different. In those instances, you have the choice whether or not to take the action specified (as is the case with Ensnaring Ambush, Explosive Arsenal, Long-Distance Shot and others)."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.