16 Posts

Journey: Wrath of Demons» Forums » General

Subject: Some questions after reading the updates of the rule rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
cheng wang
China
flag msg tools
I must say that marrow has done a wonderful work.But I think there're something which are a little uneasy to understand according to the background.I know that in the novel,Monk Sha and Cho Hakkai are both good at swimming and fighting on and under water.So I don't think that they should use as many action points as like Tripi does.I don't know whether the different decks will solve this problem.I think the four Pilgrims should have very different characteristics in the game as in the novel.So I wonder if one skill per Pilgrim is enough.And concerning about the water thing,I want to ask that whether there will be some scenario of battles taking place under water,as the under-water battles are important in the novel and may be unique when coming into board games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TA MN
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If not here then maybe they will add it as an expansion. They did say early on in the campaign that they wanted to do expansions - either as part of this Kickstarter or for future release once this game is launched
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Malley
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As good as the miniatures are, I was a little surprised that so far there doesn't seem to be a lot to differentiate the four pilgrims. I like fast-play as much as the next guy, but I'll be a sad inside if the game is pure fluff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cheng wang
China
flag msg tools
I will be glad if there will be such an expansion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cheng wang
China
flag msg tools
caffeinehead wrote:
but I'll be a sad inside if the game is pure fluff.

me too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Štěpán Honc
United Kingdom
London
Great Britain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wangchengjing wrote:
caffeinehead wrote:
but I'll be a sad inside if the game is pure fluff.

me too

Nobody knows certainly before playing it. But so far it looks like they really want to do the best job they can even with a game play. Comparing some previous info they've sent via facebook (July) testing is in progress and goes towards streamlining and balancing the game. If it will be well handled and balanced, I wouldn't blame them for leaving Monk Sha with the same difficulties in the water as other characters...

The biggest difference between Pilgrims so far seems to be in the range of attack, that makes me really excited. However it's probably not going to be a simulation of the story, as they admit...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
caffeinehead wrote:
As good as the miniatures are, I was a little surprised that so far there doesn't seem to be a lot to differentiate the four pilgrims. I like fast-play as much as the next guy, but I'll be a sad inside if the game is pure fluff.

Like stated above I think the number of movement points and the different attack patterns will make a huge difference between each character. Not to mention that each character has their own unique skill deck and weapon.

That's like saying all the pieces in Chess are the same because all that's different is the movement. It takes movement points to turn in this game, and having unique attack patterns means it will be a little puzzly to figure out how to position your characters for maximum effect each turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Malley
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hadn't seen the differing attack patterns before. That makes me feel better about them seeming distinct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TA MN
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They just posted a movement video tutorial at http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1588487845/journey-wrath...... which includes links back to all the previous rules/gameplay updates

This combined with the different attack patterns of the Pilgrims makes it sound like there may be a fair bit of strategy to the game - interesting - like wetworks says.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cheng wang
China
flag msg tools
Thank you both,Neville and Honc.It's a pity that I'm not able to watch the video on kickstarter,nor to get on to facebook in mainland china.One of my main point is to ask whether the gameplay is unique enough to other cooperating board games.So now I think that at least Marrow is trying the best in this aspect.And if there're enough differeces between the action patterns of the four Pilgrims,which at the same time can make the memory of the novel rise,I will say this is a perfect game,and I believe Marrow is trying to achieve this goal according to your information.Again thank you both very much
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TA MN
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh - I'd forgotten that about China. I have travelled there & should've remembered - sorry
Marrow have posted it here on the main Journey Forum page http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/145599/journey-wrath-... and it is on You Tube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3ecb2ZPgfI
Can you at least read the text of the updates? There's quite a bit of information there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TA MN
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh - and don't forget each Pilgrim gets a unique set of skill cards. I have no idea what they are (yet) but that would add variety to game play. You're right - it sounds like they're working on the GamePlay as much as on those gorgeous miniatures!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cheng wang
China
flag msg tools
TAMN wrote:
and don't forget each Pilgrim gets a unique set of skill cards.

I agree with you about the importance of the four decks.And it's a pity that I cannot watch YouTube....But the text is OK.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TA MN
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Cheng Wang - big update today about shipping in Hong Kong and China

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1588487845/journey-wrath...

China gets the game early - lucky you! :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TA MN
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Play Video and Update posted - Defending
For more information and the video, see update 40 at
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1588487845/journey-wrath......
And on YouTube at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh1k11LR7GY

This is the fourth of seven game tutorial videos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TA MN
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wangchengjing wrote:
And it's a pity that I cannot watch YouTube....But the text is OK.

Hey Wang Cheng,

One of the backers has posted the videos to Youku 优酷 so they are now available in China
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/13926948#13926948

Hope you can see them :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.