Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gautier R
Belgium
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was looking for Age Of Steam, but i can't find it anymore.
One of the shops told me it will be re-published.

Can anyone confirm this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fa
Italy
Torino
flag msg tools
badge
Forza Vecchio Cuore Granata!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've a copy to sell, from Italy. The box is opended but the game has never, never be played and of course is in beautiful conditions, as new.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Dieringer
United States
Schenectady
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Warfrog traditionally makes a print run of 3000 games, sells out and never reprints. The one exception to this was Age of Steam where a second 3000 batch was printed. If that is sold out, I would recommend trading or purchasing one in the aftermarket because it may be a long time till another reprint is offered, if ever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Holthuis
Netherlands
Buitenpost
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Age of Steam is still available in some online stores, as you live in Belgium maybe this store is an option:
- http://www.summoner.nl/productinfo.php?product_id=16673 (Holland)

I've bought several games here, and had no problems at all. Recommended.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Young
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
Old Ways Are Best!
badge
Check Six!
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't say a further reprint is totally out of the question. In the case of Age of Steam I believe Winsome Games actually hold the rights and Warfrog was licensed to publish the game. Warfrog's own policy is pretty restrictive and so far they have never reprinted a game once the original run is exhausted.

Winsome "convinced" them to publish a 2nd Edition of AoS and could conceivably direct them (or someone else?) to produce a 3rd printing if the situation warranted it. John Bohrer, of Winsome Games, visits this site frequently and is the one who could shed more light on the likelihood of this ever happening.

What appears to me to be required now that a 2nd Edition has emerged, resulting in a theoretical doubling of the base population of "Steamers," is a re-issue of some of the early AoS expansions, particularly Expansion #1, that have become rare in their own right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan O'Rourke
United States
Tobyhanna
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I just checked 5-6 online stores and they all have it in stock. It is sold out in Europe? Does this mean it will be sold out soon in the U.S.?

Ryan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bohrer
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bubslug wrote:
John Bohrer, of Winsome Games, visits this site frequently and is the one who could shed more light on the likelihood of this ever happening.

Sure, Richard. First of all, Warfrog does do reprints, as shown by all those Struggle of Empires games produced by Eagle, the same as the Warfrog original except that the frog logo has been replaced by the eagle logo.

As for AoS, as long as I get my 1 Euro/game royalty, I have no problem licensing AoS to another firm besides Warfrog. AoS makes money, though, so I expect Warfrog will want to make another run. If they don't have the cash (a distinct possibility) or again decide not to produce any more Warfrog games (as announced last summer, later reversed), then any other established firm is fine by me: Mayfair, Rio Grande, Uberplay, Eagle, etc. I talked with Jay about the matter at last summer's WBC.

Finally, there are still plenty of AoS games for sale, but if a store in Belgium doesn't have one and if folks want to run out there and buy a bunch right now, who am I to stop them?

John
Pittsburgh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Young
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
Old Ways Are Best!
badge
Check Six!
mbmbmbmbmb
John Bohrer wrote:
...Warfrog does do reprints, as shown by all those Struggle of Empires games produced by Eagle, the same as the Warfrog original except that the frog logo has been replaced by the eagle logo.

As for AoS, as long as I get my 1 Euro/game royalty, I have no problem licensing AoS to another firm besides Warfrog. AoS makes money, though, so I expect Warfrog will want to make another run. If they don't have the cash (a distinct possibility) or again decide not to produce any more Warfrog games (as announced last summer, later reversed), then any other established firm is fine by me: Mayfair, Rio Grande, Uberplay, Eagle, etc. I talked with Jay about the matter at last summer's WBC.

John
Pittsburgh

Thanks John, I'm sure that comes as good news to prospective AoS fans! I'm not sure if the expansion question falls into the same category, but I continue to be stymied on my quest for #1. I bought the 2nd edition of the base game, being a late bloomer, and have the expansions from #2 onward. The first expansion continues to elude me (not being interested in the E-Bay sillyness) and it occured to me that I can't be the only one in a similar situation. If the number of expansions printed was in any way tied to the number of base games produced, the number of early expansions does not match up anymore. It would be nice to think that could be corrected...

As for Warfrog doing reprints of their own games, I'm not sure that FFG's licensed reprint of SoE counts as them doing it (and makes my assertion at least technically correct) but it is an encouraging precedent, and is certainly a more direct way for us here in North America to get some of their product. Martin has been collaborating with FFG of late which is good news overall for us over here (and hopefully for FFG as well), but I had often entertained the fantasy of Martin teaming up with Phalanx. Imagine the combination of his designs given the Phalanx production values...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dd bas
msg tools
mb
Actually I am also in deep need (!) of extension #1 Irlande. So any hope to reprint it?

ddbas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hamilton
United Kingdom
Stockport
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Expansion #1 is in very short supply if any exist for sale at all.

There were only 2000 copies made (which for a game with only 3000 copies printed at the time seemed to be too many to me). The print runs for the other expansions have been 3000 and there are still a good number of unsold copies of all of them. I suspect that the likelyhood of a reprint of expansion #1 is pretty low until after another AoS print run and possibly not even then.

Yours

Hammy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.