Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony H
United States
Riverside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just played it for the 1st time last night.

Couple of questions regarding two player:
1. For the bean duel variant, is there trading allowed in addition to the bean offering? We tried trading for awhile but it seems strange so we stopped.

2. For the regular game, do you take out any beans when playing 2p? we just played with all the beans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tootsie Roll
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
I came. I saw.
badge
I lost miserably.
mbmbmbmbmb
1. No trading. Trading just doesn't work well with 2 people. Players are allowed to discard one card per turn after planting, and they are not forced to plant all cards that are revealed. These 2 factors make it possible to play without trading.

2. Remove the Cocoa beans and Garden beans.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, don't judge Bohnanza by how it plays with just 2p. It really isn't Bohnanza at 2p, and the game is at its best with 4+ players...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony H
United States
Riverside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
yea. The trading seem to work ok when we tried it. I'm a big time video gamer, trying to get the rest of the family into board games, so the wife reluctantly plays, and my 11 yr old is a teenager who is in her "not interested in family bonding" phase already.

So I will be lucky to get a 3p game in based on the above

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.