BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG General

Subject: Friend logs play. Should it come up for me as well? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Ribbens
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If a friend logs a play and tags me in it as a player, I would assume it shows up as a play for me as well. However, it seems that it is not the case. How does this all work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, someone adding you in their plays will not show up under your plays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tomribbens wrote:
If a friend logs a play and tags me in it as a player, I would assume it shows up as a play for me as well. However, it seems that it is not the case. How does this all work?

If you want to log the play, you have to do it yourself. It has been suggested before that if someone else includes you in one of their plays, it should also update your plays, but many people do not want this, so there would need to be a way of opting out of this happening or the opportunity to reject any updates as they happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
tomribbens wrote:

It works as you have discovered: your friend can't create logged plays for other people, whether by naming them in a logged play or by other methods. If you want a logged play, then you need to log it, independently of your friend's logged play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Ribbens
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be nice if there was a way to enable this behavior. Maybe indeed that you should be able to accept a play or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Morse
United States
Stoughton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Gengar in Hawaii
mbmbmbmbmb
So what value, if any, is there in keying in another player's BGG name when you log a play?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Corrino22 wrote:
So what value, if any, is there in keying in another player's BGG name when you log a play?

Your personal statistical geeky satisfaction, if you are interested in keep track of who you play games with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.