Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
186 Posts
[1]  Prev «  4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8  | 

Android: Netrunner» Forums » Strategy

Subject: [DECK] Gabriel Santiago - Pure Scumbag Tactics (Plugged In Winner, San Mateo) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Presley
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mediohxcore wrote:
I would actually consider going to 1 RDI in any criminal deck with Mr.Li. This might just be a mistake, because sometimes you can slam one early and really rip the Corp's centrals, but in a lot of games, you just need it eventually. The two extra influence can be super awesome, (2x Quality time is probably not necessary playing Mr. Li, but Parasites and Knights are always welcome includes I think).

Who is using Mr Li or RDI? Are you referring to any specific decklist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dan dargenio
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
hoobajoo wrote:
mediohxcore wrote:
I would actually consider going to 1 RDI in any criminal deck with Mr.Li. This might just be a mistake, because sometimes you can slam one early and really rip the Corp's centrals, but in a lot of games, you just need it eventually. The two extra influence can be super awesome, (2x Quality time is probably not necessary playing Mr. Li, but Parasites and Knights are always welcome includes I think).

Nobody is using RDI in Gabe as far as I know. It's just a reasonable choice that someone might want to make. This is just speculation on my part, as someone who plays a lot of criminal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Presley
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mediohxcore wrote:
hoobajoo wrote:
mediohxcore wrote:

Nobody is using RDI in Gabe as far as I know. It's just a reasonable choice that someone might want to make. This is just speculation on my part, as someone who plays a lot of criminal.

OK, for some reason the tone of the post felt like you were responding to someone. It's not the worst idea, but I think Mr. Li is pretty weak since he's not actually card draw.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lysander
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
Quote:
Mr. Li is pretty weak since he's not actually card draw.

A bit off topic, but I'd love to hear your reasoning on this. I don't much care for Li in Criminal, but he's immensely helpful in Anarch as a drawing engine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Meindersee II
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lysander1 wrote:
Quote:

A bit off topic, but I'd love to hear your reasoning on this. I don't much care for Li in Criminal, but he's immensely helpful in Anarch as a drawing engine.
I think he means that Mr. Li only nets you one card for one click, but I would still consider Mr. Li a card draw engine. You may end up discarding after QT, but it still lets you get to the cards you need (the whole point of drawing).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse M
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
hoobajoo wrote:

Nah, this is absolutely a Gabe deck with all that early pressure and efficiency. I'd take out a Desperado before a SOT, but then again. I don't feel that Gabe needs a Desperado ASAP to win, but it's a small.
Before the tournament I decided to go -1 SOT, +1 Plascrete. I was running 2x Plascrete for a long time but I wasn't sure how much Weyland there would be at the tournament and wanted to play it safe. I'm not sure if it would have mattered either way.

I had 2x Desperado for a long time and felt it was fine, but now feel 3x is better. The difference a first turn Desperado makes over the course of the game is pretty large, and the dead draw doesn't bother me too much since it means I already have a Desperado out and am probably less likely to need to click for credits.

Checking out remotes vs RP or drip econ decks is much better with Desperado.

Early wraparound on HQ? Install Corroder, run three times ending your turn with the same amount of credits you started with.

I found the memory to be pretty critical at times as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Presley
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lysander1 wrote:
Quote:

Sorry, I was a little vague. Mr. Li is card thinning, but not card advantage and the scumbag style Gabe, and Criminals in general, don't benefit from thinning much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth M
msg tools
mbmb
Lysander1 wrote:
Quote:

Since you still only draw one card per click he's a card filtering effect, rather than a card draw effect. The bigger the variance between the best card in your deck and the worst card in your deck (at any particular moment of the game) the more you want the effect.

Anarch loves Mr. Li because the faction is filled with cards that are spectacular or entirely dead depending on the board state.

Criminal in general and this archetype of criminal in particular is filled with good stuff cards, and more than anything just wants to get more of them, because almost everything is almost always good.

As a side effect I'm about 90% sure Mr. Li is a windmill slam first pick card in draft, where your deck is going to vary incredibly in card quality.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse M
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
talain wrote:

As a side effect I'm about 90% sure Mr. Li is a windmill slam first pick card in draft, where your deck is going to vary incredibly in card quality.
Magnum Opus all the way, especially with Crypsis being your default breaker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth M
msg tools
mbmb
jerklin wrote:
talain wrote:

Magnum Opus all the way, especially with Crypsis being your default breaker.

Having to first pick between Magnum Opus and Mr. Li is the definition of #firstworldproblems
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Presley
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For anyone still following this thread who didn't see it, I recently won the Berkeley tournament. Check it out, I'll probably be the thread with more discussion now. [DECK] 1st Place Games of Berkeley decks and tech
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8  |