Popular Tags: [View All]
Lawrence Gamehappy
United States
Concord
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HI Guys

well our battle day was blessed with 7 players. I wanted to partake of the Europe Engulfed battle and Star Wars Tie fighter battle but some how I volunteered for Axis and Allies 1940 Global. And again took the axis with my efforts on Germany . Everyone should know it was to be a mistaken casting right then.

I took an aggressive attack on Moscow early. But looking back Britain had wondered why I did not attack the British fleets early with the Luftwaffe.

To be correct I did make mistakes in the use of some units . I was under the presumption that if Germany attacked Brittan the USA would com into the war. Which is obviously no the historical reality. But operating under a strong head cold all day and I was not at my top game.

Germany had costly bad rolls and lost the Italian fleet in the med. Did not have e the strength to invade Africa and soon it was a British war victory there. A push into Russia was better won but the drive to Karelia or Moscow in this version map is quite a long distance and perhaps not play friendly but maybe historically accurate.

Japan made strong success in taking much of china and Russia with a large costly investment. But as noted it was finally the big battle for the US fleet and Japan at the Solomon's islands on turn four that showed an US victory with all that floating iron. Germany was now in defensive full sitzkrieg mode. And thus after five hours and fatigue it was called an Allied victory with the Fall of Berlin.

My criticism of this game I once owned and sold. Is that with all the great improvements in the game its just a long Long ! version.

My other game friends started a long learning game of Europe engulfed. It was described as a easier game than A&A which I find a littlie hard to believe. But the game pieces and board were quite impressive. As we were ending Global a full scale war commenced of Star wars Mini's which I also wanted to be be a part of. Much like Wings or war with more complexity the Millennium falcon seems to be the Tank in space surviving all Tie fighter assault.

Well till next time friends.

"May the force be with you" and "never get involved in a land war in Asia" - Princess Bride

Sincerely
Lawrence Frazee B.A. M.A.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.