Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dustin Culbertson
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got the standard game and am working on the minis. Any ideas on if I should wait for the season 3 rules to come out rather than getting the season 2 rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Stirling
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JonasVenture wrote:
Just got the standard game and am working on the minis. Any ideas on if I should wait for the season 3 rules to come out rather than getting the season 2 rules?

Are you asking whether season 2 rules are included with the season 3 rules? (They aren't). Or are you thinking about whether to save money by ordering both rulebooks at once?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. Patton
United States
Myrtle Creek
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. Recommend getting S2 and 3 books esp. if you're fielding teams from both follow-on seasons. S3 includes an update on ball launch and the stalling foul that I think you may be able to find on-line.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Riddle

Oklahoma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
if you have season 2 or 3 teams, then get those rulebooks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Each season book contains the stats for the 4 teams from that particular season and explains any special rules regarding g those teams.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vezner
United States
Skokie
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Season 2 also has the rules for assistant coaches and cheerleaders. The assistant coach rules are great, the cheerleader rules not so much. S2 also has new abilities, new free agent charts and new player advancement charts. S2 also has a FAQ, though you can get that off the designer's blog. And of course the rules for 4 new teams + new MVPs.

Season 3 also has rules for giants and there are comparatively a lot of them. S3 has a number of rules changes applicable to any season and an additional FAQ. S3 also has 4 new teams, tactical advice for those teams plus a few new MVPs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kvezner wrote:
Season 2 also has the rules for assistant coaches and cheerleaders. The assistant coach rules are great, the cheerleader rules not so much.

Disagree about the cheerleaders. I think next league I am going to be buying some as soon as possible as getting the most fan checks by the end of the match is a great extra bonus point for one of your players, and early on this can make it much easier to get skills.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.