Popular Tags: [View All]
Duane Crago
United States
Woodstock
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is just a short summary of why I have supported Dawn: Rise of the Occulites.

I fell in love with the way the Occulites looked in the original Kickstarter attempt for them. They are cute, quirky, and pretty interesting looking. I also like how they all have their own tribal beliefs, which are influenced by the land they normally are found and are all different from that as well.

They also, as I mentioned in the original campaign, remind me a bit of Ocula (due to the single eye on a neck or stalk in the case of the Occulites) from Small Soldiers so a bit of a fun childhood movie memory.

I believed in the little guys since I tripped over them months back

I highly recommend checking them out and joining the fun that the Occulites will bring for children and adults.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek Szczepanik
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wanted to back this game up from the moment I've learned about it. This game seems to be exceptional in every aspect. But what touched me the most, was how much feelings Ben has poured into it. I loved the history behind game's origin and how the concept evolved. Even if I'm a little short on funds, I'll remain on the Sunmaster level until the end of the KS campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dcoys
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For me I loved the style from the outset, damn those occulites are some cute little critters! oh and the Luftles as well of course

But on from that the varying difficulty you can apply will help me and my children be introduced to it gently, i'm no tapletop expert by any means so that's a definite help.

The gameplay looks very interesting with a whole heap of variations, and the high quality components we're assured of make this a much wanted addition to my small but growing collection. And that's why I'm supporting those occulites
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Lynch
United States
Alamogordo
New Mexico
flag msg tools
I'm supporting this game because, honestly, it deserves it.

Ben has indeed poured a lot of effort, time, and love into this game, and it shows. Our local group has been fortunate enough to have been playtesting Dawn for quite some time, and everytime we sit down to play, we know we're in for a good, fun time.

The rule structure is great... whether your looking for a game to play with your children, or something to challenge the most hardened wargame player with. Due to the way the card system works, there's a lot of strategy/tactics that can be used to your benefit if your one of those hardened veterans, but everything is structured so it's easy to grasp for new players as well.

I was able to demo the game at VulCon in Phoenix a couple years ago (VulCon has sadly been cancelled since, or I would have been there in subsequent years as well). Everyone who tried the game enjoyed their time learning about Dawn: Rise of the Occulites.

Finally, I've been quite impressed with the quality of the materials in other games I own from Eagle Games, who will be publishing and distributing Dawn. Icing on the cake.

So yes, I'm backing this Kickstarter. Not only because I want to... but because this game deserves to see the light of day in game stores across the planet. To show that good, creative, and entertaining ideas are not the sole domain of the big guys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Crispin
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am in because it is not zombie themed. This seems like a game first and in a very original setting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Robertson
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
Life is Short; Play Games!
badge
The BixCON Series of gaming events: A combination of Great Friends, Great Food, & Great Drink!
mbmbmbmbmb
An original game with a detailed background and development. There has been significant time put into the design and testing elements. There are so many projects these days that are shipped with little care and thought about detailed playability and re-playability that this project shines as a beacon of how to properly design, test, and bring a game to market. The attention to detail in the miniatures and game elements made this an auto-buy for me. I really value innovation and creativity in game design: This is a superb example of that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
DPO
US Armed Forces - Europe
flag msg tools
I agree with the originality of the game, and in a lot of ways that does warrant a premium in pricing, especially given that he is not a large operation so does not have economies of scale.

I get that, I really do. However, the reality is that he has to compete in the open market. I do like the painted, unique miniatures, and the game play looks sound.

I've been tracking it. If it is able to hit the $75,000 goals and get the tokens replaced by miniatures, and if they are able to offer painting for all the creatures, including the added ones in the stretch goals, then I'm more than likely on board.

If not, well the reality is there are only so many dollars allocated for gaming, and, as much as I feel that this project is more in the spirit of KS than the zombicides of the world, all projects will still have to compete in the open market.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.