Tim Korchnoi
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
My Little Man's first real wargame play: Barbarossa Solitaire
mbmbmbmbmb
I got to thinking about this after I posted on the worst game geeklist. The only game I own on this topic is the S&T one from issue 174. If anyone can recommend a GOOD game on this topic, I would appreciate it!
Tim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, only one I know is Twilight Struggle, where they are represented by a single card...(can get played 3 times in game though, and it is important to strategy in Asia)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Kice
United States
Shorewood
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While it's not anywhere near a wargame, there is a variant for Nuclear War and India Rails put out by Flying Buffalo called the "India/Pakistan War". IR cards let you draw from the NW deck and when you can complete a warhead/missile combo you get to launch. (It comes with an orange crayon for you to mark the radioactive portions of the board.)

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/10725

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Owen
United States
Norwich
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's also a Command Magazine game on a possible Indo-Pakistan war (The Fire Next Time) although it may be hard to find. One Small Step has Millenium Wars: Kashmir as well, which is still in print.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilhelm Fitzpatrick
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Millennium Wars: Kashmir

It's a good little hex and counter wargame with a little bit of a political thing tacked on to it (you can lose by having world opinion swing against your side). It covers tactical operations in Kashmir and bordering regions, and it's possible to have the UN intervene on either side.

The basic game has abstract air war system, or you can buy an expansion (which works with any of the games using this system) that adds a more detailed air war.

I've only been able to play my copy once, but I found it quite enjoyable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.