Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron McDonald
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm chomping at the bits for this game. I shelled out for all the teams and an extra field! I'm starting to get a little worried though..... There have been no updates on the kickstarter site for 2 months... It would be nice if the developers showed us backers a little love!

Or am I just a whiney whiner?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sadly I wouldn't expect much from CoolMiniOrNot. Communication (consumer relations?) don't seem to be their thing.

Hope you enjoy the product though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mb
No, no updates from CMON is lamey mclamerson.

I've sent a gentle nudge to the designer Eric Lang through bgg. It's disheartening that us backers have been kept out in the dark for nearly two months. Is the game totally stagnating in some humid factory back room somewhere? Has the cargo ship been intercepted by Somali pirates operating far from home? Is the game so lame that Mr. Lang has totally forgotten about it and jumped on to new projects?

I sure hope not, but I sure would like more info to allay my (admittedly a bit silly) fears.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mattprice wrote:
No, no updates from CMON is lamey mclamerson.

I've sent a gentle nudge to the designer Eric Lang through bgg. It's disheartening that us backers have been kept out in the dark for nearly two months. Is the game totally stagnating in some humid factory back room somewhere? Has the cargo ship been intercepted by Somali pirates operating far from home? Is the game so lame that Mr. Lang has totally forgotten about it and jumped on to new projects?

I sure hope not, but I sure would like more info to allay my (admittedly a bit silly) fears.
Yeah, stop kicking the ... what are they kicking in this game? further down the field (?) cmon! ;D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron McDonald
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Whiney Whiner" and "Lamey McLamerson" sound like they'd make good Ringers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Communication isn't one of CMON's strong points unfortunately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
jonahmaul wrote:

Yet their games still get released. People are REALLY fired up on KS. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
locusshifter wrote:
jonahmaul wrote:

I don't follow KS comments, far too frustrating! And I was referring to the Zombicide S2 KS where their communication has been particularly poor (until recently anyway).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
jonahmaul wrote:
locusshifter wrote:
jonahmaul wrote:

I don't follow KS comments, far too frustrating! And I was referring to the Zombicide S2 KS where their communication has been particularly poor (until recently anyway).

I don't either. I just happened to check my KS to see if there were any updates. For some reason I was inspired to check the comments on the Kaos KS. People are FREAKING OUT. I would be that way if it was February and no updates, but since I've seen CMON's stuff coming out regularly I don't see a reason to worry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
locusshifter wrote:
jonahmaul wrote:
locusshifter wrote:
jonahmaul wrote:

I don't either. I just happened to check my KS to see if there were any updates. For some reason I was inspired to check the comments on the Kaos KS. People are FREAKING OUT. I would be that way if it was February and no updates, but since I've seen CMON's stuff coming out regularly I don't see a reason to worry.

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of those people have backed Zombicide S2 and are expecting (not unreasonably) their to be a knock on effect with CMON's other KS projects. I certainly think that they've taken on more than they can handle (they still have to ship Relic Knights). But I think the main issue has been communication, and they need to improve that considerably, the actual shipping process hasn't been too bad (even if it has shipped late). But yeah, KS comments feeds are generally crazy, everybody seems to be either ranting, or huge fanboys where companies can do no wrong!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jonahmaul wrote:
locusshifter wrote:
jonahmaul wrote:
locusshifter wrote:
jonahmaul wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of those people have backed Zombicide S2 and are expecting (not unreasonably) their to be a knock on effect with CMON's other KS projects. I certainly think that they've taken on more than they can handle (they still have to ship Relic Knights). But I think the main issue has been communication, and they need to improve that considerably, the actual shipping process hasn't been too bad (even if it has shipped late). But yeah, KS comments feeds are generally crazy, everybody seems to be either ranting, or huge fanboys where companies can do no wrong!
Seemed like someone I know had just received his Zombicide stuff at least. I don't know when it was supposed to arrive but I doubt it will affect Kaosball now since Zombicide seem to have been already shipped out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aliquis wrote:
jonahmaul wrote:
locusshifter wrote:
jonahmaul wrote:
locusshifter wrote:
jonahmaul wrote:

Seemed like someone I know had just received his Zombicide stuff at least. I don't know when it was supposed to arrive but I doubt it will affect Kaosball now since Zombicide seem to have been already shipped out.

It was originally scheduled for September, they said it would ship early but stuff was missing so it's now still arriving with some people. Most got theirs in October. Not too bad to be honest, but the communication about the delivery and the delays was horrendous. There was a lot of speculation that Relic Knights was bumped back because Zombicide S2 was so successful and they wanted to prioritize that (personally I'm not convinced by that argument, they had a lot to do for RK). But seeing as they're only just finished shipping Zombicide, and they have to ship almost $1m of Relic Knights, and Rivet Wars was also supposed to ship in September and has also slipped, I wouldn't be surprised if KB slips a little as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mb
It's a real pity they can't be bothered to just say hello once a month or so. Just a quick email to summarize what's going on. CMON seems especially guilty of exploiting KS as a preorder site/ inexpensive loan rather than a platform to engage backers and transparently move a project through to publication. Shame.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
It's a real pity they can't be bothered to just say hello once a month or so. Just a quick email to summarize what's going on.

Agreed.

Quote:
CMON seems especially guilty of exploiting KS as a preorder site/ inexpensive loan rather than a platform to engage backers and transparently move a project through to publication.

Lets not go there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mattprice wrote:
CMON seems especially guilty of exploiting KS as a preorder site/ inexpensive loan rather than a platform to engage backers and transparently move a project through to publication.

I think this is exactly what they are doing. Though personally I don't really see a problem for it. It makes sense for a business as you get money for a product up front, and get a clear idea of interest in the project, without having to take a financial risk yourself. In some instances the games do get better for everybody, by getting more included in the box, but in all the CMON projects you get better value than retail, and usually a ton of exclusive promos (which is another argument altogether as well!). The reason that they are so successful is also because they're an established company. Although the reasoning for KS is to get projects off the ground that may otherwise never see the light of day, most people back projects where they think they are going to get good value, and see an end product. CMON, for it's faults, can certainly deliver on most of those points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Can't argue with y'all here... And actually I think the KS site is a really great win-win for everyone ('cept maybe distributors!) but it still makes me sad that CMON won't go through the motions of engaging us "backers".

I even sent Eric a polite note via bgg, and CMON a message through the KS site. Sigh!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Kingery
United States
Huntington Beach
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Any word back from Eric?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Nothing from Eric, no.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M mom
Netherlands
doesburg
gelderland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aliquis wrote:
Sadly I wouldn't expect much from CoolMiniOrNot. Communication (consumer relations?) don't seem to be their thing.
)

That explains why they havent replied to my question if i could jump in as a late backer! shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dicedaddy wrote:
aliquis wrote:
)

That explains why they havent replied to my question if i could jump in as a late backer! shake
I asked such for Sedition wars back in the day and never got a reply either. Total crap as far as consumer communication goes imho.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aliquis wrote:
Dicedaddy wrote:
aliquis wrote:
)

I asked such for Sedition wars back in the day and never got a reply either. Total crap as far as consumer communication goes imho.

Inconsistent as well then. I backed Relic Knights as a late backer 3 months after the project had ended (although it did take me a couple of follow ups to get a reply).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jonahmaul wrote:
aliquis wrote:
Dicedaddy wrote:
aliquis wrote:
)

Inconsistent as well then. I backed Relic Knights as a late backer 3 months after the project had ended (although it did take me a couple of follow ups to get a reply).
Seems like I mailed twice to kickstarter@coolminiornot.com, then twice to chernann@coolminiornot.com.

I then e-mailed them (on kickstarter@) about adding a second set to a Zombicide season 2 pledge and never got a reply on that either. Got a reply on a message on Kickstarter there though.

I assume I never got any replies on Kickstarter about Sedition wars, don't know. I also know I sent a message or possibly two from a different e-mail address and never got a reply that way either.

As long as people still buy the products we may be stuck with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The address I eventually got joy with was charnann@coolminiornot.com I can't remember where I'd got hold of that e-mail though sorry. It was a while ago and they certainly weren't as overburdened last December as they are now, but then that is a problem of their own creation. I can only advise to keep trying and hope you get some joy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jonahmaul wrote:
The address I eventually got joy with was charnann@coolminiornot.com I can't remember where I'd got hold of that e-mail though sorry. It was a while ago and they certainly weren't as overburdened last December as they are now, but then that is a problem of their own creation. I can only advise to keep trying and hope you get some joy.
With an a? Would explain some things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aliquis wrote:
jonahmaul wrote:
With an a? Would explain some things.

Sorry, that was a typo, my bad blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.