Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Chick
United States
Tujunga
California
flag msg tools
badge
One of the issues I'm having with this game is how the rules are scattered among different places. For instance, you have to refer to three separate sources for tribal warfare: the rules, the battle table on one player aid, and the tribal warfare summary on a second player aid. I'm pretty sure I'm doing this right, but I'm getting conflicting signals among the three different sources.

According to the tribal warfare summary, if I lose a tribal warfare battle, "there is no other effect than those listed in rules section 11". Okay, so let's check rules section 11. It says to apply the results of the battle table. Which can be pretty dire for anything less than a one point advantage over the enemy roll, which is at least a +4. But that's a bit misleading, since it's now referring me to a source other than the what's "listed in section 11" by directing me to the battle table on a separate player aid card. So I'm a bit confused that the tribal warfare summary tells me there is "no other effect" if I lose. Of course there is. My dudes are going to get knocked off the board and I'm liable to suffer a hit to my military rating. What's this business about "no other effect" if I lose?

So I'm assuming I do suffer *all* the negative effects from the battle table when I conduct tribal warfare. Correct?

-Tom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Toppen
United States
Gallup
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Preorder Navajo Wars by GMT Games
mbmbmbmbmb
You're doing it right.

I think the Battle Results used to be in section 11 and we removed them at some point. There's no error here, but I suppose I could have said "If the Diné lose the Battle, there is no other effect than those listed in the Battle Result Table."

-Joel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.