Popular Tags: [View All]
Fridjof B
Norway
Tranby
Norway
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm trying to assemble the wheels on the production boards (Z-man ed.), but the bottom plug seems thicker than the hole. Should I just use more than "a little force"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bond
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
greetingsfrombergen wrote:
Should I just use more than "a little force"?

That's what I did and it worked, However, I was nervous about it, so it seems the holes may be a little on the small side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bri Izuhara
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. At first I was also a little skeptical and thought it'd damage the board, but it didn't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fridjof B
Norway
Tranby
Norway
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys, I then will boldy assemble the pieces with all my strengtharrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
We've noticed that at the fair as well. A little more force will do the trick and the cardboard is thick enough so you won't damage it in the process.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart de Vos
Netherlands
Groningen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ponton wrote:
We've noticed that at the fair as well. A little more force will do the trick and the cardboard is thick enough so you won't damage it in the process.

Not entirely true.
You will slightly damage the cardboard. At least, I had to in order to force it through (it created little volcano-like bulges). However, because you attach parts on the other side you can kind of push it back and cover it up, so no worries.
Unfortunately, the smaller red and green parts that go on top are not all cut perfectly. Some holes are somewhat off-center. Again, not a big deal, but being a perfectionist, it does slightly irk me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
You're right, you'll obviously damage the area around the hole. I meant there will be no visible damage after you assemble the wheels.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
n-dee schroedinger
Germany
Werne
flag msg tools
I experienced the same problem. What bugs me even more, is that quite a few of the building tiles couldn't be punched out without damaging the printing on the back. So they got visible marks. A problem, which occured at most with 2 or 3 tiles in all my board games put together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, you have to forced the plug through the base. There's a small amount of tearing, but that damage will ALL be hidden by the wheel.

It is best to read the instructions before assembly, though. I didn't, missed the presence of the eight coloured discs, and had to lever the things apart afterwards when I'd realised my mistake. No catastrophic damage done, but I'd have been better off doing it right first time.

My tiles pretty much all punched cleanly. But then I have long adopted. The practice of using a scalpel to cut through the connection to the frame before punching on almost all of my games (Caverna was an exception - partly because of the huge quantity of tiles, but mostly because the tiles came out of the frames extremely easily).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Lang
Germany
Gaißach
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NDee321 wrote:
I experienced the same problem. What bugs me even more, is that quite a few of the building tiles couldn't be punched out without damaging the printing on the back. So they got visible marks. A problem, which occured at most with 2 or 3 tiles in all my board games put together.

This. Hasn't happened to me in a while. That a Rosenberg game has to be one that has this otherwise gorgeous component quality is a bit of a bugger.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fridjof B
Norway
Tranby
Norway
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It wasn't a big problem on this game, I was just not sure which would be most hurt: The cardboard or my thumb. It turned out to be the latter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjami Pitarch
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What a relif to find this thread, I didn´t know what to do and was afraid that forcing it would spoil the board. Was about to look for a knife to extend the hole or something. You should thumb up this for easier finding for other players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Yum
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
robertopellizini wrote:
Ponton wrote:

Not entirely true.
You will slightly damage the cardboard. At least, I had to in order to force it through (it created little volcano-like bulges). However, because you attach parts on the other side you can kind of push it back and cover it up, so no worries.
Unfortunately, the smaller red and green parts that go on top are not all cut perfectly. Some holes are somewhat off-center. Again, not a big deal, but being a perfectionist, it does slightly irk me.

The same thing happened to me yesterday when I got the game.

I was first using just a little bit of pressure in trying to get the peg through the dial board. It was not working. So I had to push really hard and it popped through.

But it did push out one side of the edge of the hole. Just a little. Grrrr.

So make sure you have the peg as centered as possible. And also, make sure you don't have a finger or thumb blocking the peg.

And once I put on the cover for the peg along with the cardboard doughnut, all damage was covered up completely. Yay!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This was frustrating to me as well. I did have success pushing the backside peg (the big one) through backwards each of the holes first, then flip the board press gently around the peg to remove the pegs, and reinsert them correct way. Doing this appeared to cause a bit less trauma to the hole. I would recommend that approach to others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Dave
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
curtc wrote:
This was frustrating to me as well. I did have success pushing the backside peg (the big one) through backwards each of the holes first, then flip the board press gently around the peg to remove the pegs, and reinsert them correct way. Doing this appeared to cause a bit less trauma to the hole. I would recommend that approach to others.

Thanks Curt - I'm glad I read this tonight before putting together my copy. This tip helped out a bunch!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.