Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the rules: "Before the bonus round, each player takes his prior back. Each player, in player order, then gets exactly one more action (including the starting player) to either build a building or place his prior onto any built building of his choice."

Is it correct to deduce from this, that it is forbidden to fell trees or cut peat in the bonus round?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Why would anyone want to do that anyway? It doesn't increase your score.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As it explicitly states you can only do one of two things, I think felling trees and cutting peat would be forbidden. But again, I can't think of any reason you'd want to do either on your last turn anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ponton wrote:

First, something general, mentioned a thousand times: A game should not only have rules for game moves which make sense, but for all possible game moves.

Second, some more general: There a people, which regard it as impolite, to answer a serious meant rule question with a counter question, especially with "Why do you want to do that nonsense?". My equally impolite answer to that should be: "Because I simply want to, if the rules allow it.".

Third, there would be a blantantly obvious good reason to fell trees or cut peat in the bonus round (if allowed), namely to make space for the following settlement.

Settlements give points, you know? Increasing your score, you know? Maybe reading the rules is a good idea, before posting counter questions here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, I haven't been impolite and my counter-question was as serious as your initial question. Anyway, if my post was inappropriate, I'd like to apologize.

You've already answered your own question so I didn't feel the need to repeat the answer. There is no room for interpretation in an "either-or" sentence. You can do one or the other - no more, no less. So you can either build or place your prior in any building.

Hermjard wrote:
Ponton wrote:

First, something general, mentioned a thousand times: A game should not only have rules for game moves which make sense, but for all possible game moves.

Second, some more general: There a people, which regard it as impolite, to answer a serious meant rule question with a counter question, especially with "Why do you want to do that nonsense?". My equally impolite answer to that should be: "Because I simply want to, if the rules allow it.".

Third, there would be a blantantly obvious good reason to fell trees or cut peat in the bonus round (if allowed), namely to make space for the following settlement.

Settlements give points, you know? Increasing your score, you know? Maybe reading the rules is a good idea, before posting counter questions here.

QFT

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kestral Martin
msg tools
One last clarification: "Place his prior onto any built building of his choice" does mean only his own buildings, right?

You can normally only use other people's buildings through work orders (which use their workers not yours) and it seems work orders are also off the table during the bonus round.

But "any built building" does seems to include other players' buildings by a literal interpretation.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tucker Taylor
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Is your score positive? You win! (Some players win more than others.)
badge
A woman needs a man like a fish needs a saxophone.
mbmbmbmbmb
Kestralb wrote:
One last clarification: "Place his prior onto any built building of his choice" does mean only his own buildings, right?

It does not; it means exactly what it says. Any built building, including a) other players' buildings b) that have other workers on them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, any built building means anyone's built building.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Yum
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
Hermjard wrote:
Ponton wrote:

Since you have only one action at the very end, how could you both fell trees or dig peat AND build a building?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MLeis
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
willyum wrote:
Hermjard wrote:
Ponton wrote:

Since you have only one action at the very end, how could you both fell trees or dig peat AND build a building?

He's talking about building a settlement, not a building. There is a settlement phase after the bonus round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.