Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Hicks
Canada
Sundridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I've always hated it when people use a pad of paper and a pencil to keep track of who has made what guess when playing Clue.

I was just wondering if anyone has played the game without using the pad of paper, and simply keeping track of prophecy clues in your head.

I haven't played the game yet, plan to do so this weekend, but I was wondering if the prophecy tablet makes the game too easy?

Any comments would be welcome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Whitfield
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is alot of talk about this game concerning how easy it is to solve the prophecy and how long it takes to solve it. The issue is not just solving the prophecy and winning. You have to have a party capable of defeating the shadow and make sure you will have enough gold to actually win if you do. The game is more about modifying your strategy and managing your party than about just solving the prophecy. I have played games where the prophecy was known very early but the game lasted a long time. The good thing about this game is the fact that it really is different each time you play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilhelm Fitzpatrick
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played once so far, but there is enough going on in this game that keeping track of the prophesy mentally would be tough, and also solving it is, as the previous poster mentioned, only part of the challenge.

In our game it took quite a while after the prophesy was solved before anybody managed to get party together that could challenge it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Albert
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
I've heard of people playing a two player game where they didn't write anything down. It's a little less confusing with only two people I suppose. And in another thread someone asked if you could keep the amount of gold you have secret. Then it's up to the other players to keep track of how much gold you have accumulated in order for them to know if they can win by defeating the Shadow. In my opinion I would not allow people to hide gold nor would I force someone to keep the prophesy straight in their head. If that's the sort of thing you're into then I would suggest this game called Memorization. Seriously though, the previous posters are right. There is so much going on in this game that just knowing the prophecy is not all that you need and very often you learn it early but it takes some time before you can utilize that knowledge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Hicks
Canada
Sundridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the feedback guys. I hope to play it later this evening so I'll have a better grasp of the game then.

I'll play by rules...for now. arrrhninja

It's highly likely that I have a poor grasp of the game since I haven't played the game. By my interpretation I thought solving the prophecy was a significant part of the game.

I'll let you know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.