Subject: Life art rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
Life lesson: Hamsters are NOT diswasher safe.
badge
There are 10 types of people-- those who understand binary, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
When I was in Ft. Worth Texas, visiting friends there in 1998, we went to an art gallery where this "statue" was on display (artist: Ron Mueck):

It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I was amazed and kind-of creeped out, at the same time. It is just slightly smaller than life sized, although you've doubtlessly seen old women in real life who barely make it up to 5'-0" tall.
The detail on this piece is astounding. You can see blue veins under the support hose on her legs, when you are viewing it in person.

Many years later, an installation by Evan Penny at the local art museum had a dozen similar scuptures-- here is one:

The hairs on the head, and the stubble under the nose and on the chin are individually placed, I believe.
His stuff tends to be exaggerated from real life; he plays with angles and foreshortening a lot, but it is damned impressive no matter how you slice it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bat Profile
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure where on the Uncanny Valley scale those are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blorb Plorbst
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
I think we're all bozos on this bus.
mbmbmb
LIE FART!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serious? Lee
United States
Coppell
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Lost in thought.
mbmbmbmbmb
I was fortunate to see Ron Mueck's art featured in Fort Worth back in 2007 at The Modern Art Museum. Not only were the pieces extremely lifelike, some were created many times larger than life. It was so strange to walk into a gallery and see an oversized baby take up half the room, or see a naked man occupying an entire corner of a room.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.