Questor» Forums » Rules

Subject: Some questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Riff Con
Russia
flag msg tools
Hello.
1) Is it allowed to move monster(s) on the tile with hero(es)? [obviously, yes, but required for next point]
2) Whether the dealing occurs when the hero starts his turn on the tile with a monster?
3) Does the Warrior must take killed monsters (and raise his score)? Rules says: "may claim".
4) Should every face-down tile of Warrior's passageway be revealed when he charge down (advanced rule)?
5) Can the Warrior stop at will (not necessarily met wall/monster) while using his special power?
6) If adjusted to the Prisoner tile with monster is revealed, whether another 1 monster adds to this tile?
7) Can the Prisoner rotate his own tile?
8) What remaining in the dungeon team member (2-player game) is doing after achieving his goal (while waiting for his ally will do the same)?
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stanley
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello. Those are very interesting questions, and while they rarely make a difference in the game, it can be good to think about them. I will try to answer here:

1) Is it allowed to move monster(s) on the tile with hero(es)?

Yes

2) Whether the dealing occurs when the hero starts his turn on the tile with a monster?

Yes: deal with the monster at the start of a turn (though it usually makes little difference, except with the warrior, and so some players prefer just doing it immediately and think it feels more thematic)

3) Does the Warrior must to take killed monsters (and raise his score)? Rules says: "may claim".

No, "may" means something is not required (the warrior must slay, but is not required to keep the token as a scoring trophy). In the competitive game, there is no reason not to, but in the cooperative game, there could be times it made sense not to keep the slain monster.

4) When the Warrior charge down (advanced rule) is every face-down tile of his passageway must be revealed?

No, there can be both revealed and unrevealed tiles in the path, but the warrior cannot change directions and must stop if he encounters a monster or a wall.

5) Can the Warrior to stop at will (not necessarily met wall/monster) while using his special power?

No, the rules only give two things that can stop a warrior's charge: hitting a wall or encountering a monster.

6) If adjusted to the Prisoner tile with monster is revealed, whether another 1 monster adds on this tile?

I am not sure I understand this question. There will be monsters automatically on the four tiles around the prisoner when revealed (regardless of die rolls), but there will not be an "extra" monster if a high number is rolled. There would be more than one if a monster has been moved to one of those tiles by the Healer or Mage, though.

7) Can the Prisoner rotate his own tile?

Yes.

8) What do remaining in the dungeon team member (2-player game) after achieving its goals and waiting for his ally will do the same?

Continue to play that character unless it was the rogue and left the dungeon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riff Con
Russia
flag msg tools
Thanks for answers and sorry for my dullness, but still would like to clarify:

2) Hero's turn is over after such a dealing? Or normal move/dig follows?

4-5) As I understood, the Warrior's charge will also stop:
a) On any unrevealed tile with a monster(s) which was(were) moved/teleported here earlier. At the same: the tile is revealed according to the rules + another monster is added (if rolled) + the dealing with monster(s) occurs.
b) On last (5th in row) tile. At the same: the tile is revealed (if face-down) according to the rules + the dealing occurs if rolled.

6) Here is an example. My Mage/Healer makes his first move from left, deals with a monster and pushes it to an adjacent tile toward the center. So the row looks like:
[#1 revealed with Mage] [#2 unrevealed with monster] [#3 revealed with Prisoner] [#4] [#5]
In his second turn the Mage moves to the tile#2 and reveals it. The Prisoner is still on the tile#3.
Which of the following is true (all relates to the tile#2):
a) I have to add another monster on the tile (automatically, regardless of the die roll) because of the neighborhood with the Prisoner. So the Mage will deal with 2 monsters.
b) I don't need to add/roll anything, because the tile already has a monster.
c) Existing monster is counted as "automatic", and I have to roll a die to determine the normal appearance of another monster.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stanley
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2) Hero's turn is over after such a dealing? Or normal move/dig follows?

Normal move/dig follows.

4-5) As I understood, the Warrior's charge will also stop:
a) On any unrevealed tile with a monster(s) which was(were) moved/teleported here earlier. At the same: the tile is revealed according to the rules + another monster is added (if rolled) + the dealing with monster(s) occurs.
b) On last (5th in row) tile. At the same: the tile is revealed (if face-down) according to the rules + the dealing occurs if rolled.

Correct on both counts. The charge stops if the Warrior encounters a monster (including one moved to the tile) or a wall (including the implied wall at the edges and four doors to the dungeon). And the Warrior does still get to resolve the tile (revealing it and slaying monsters there).

6) Here is an example. My Mage/Healer makes his first move from left, deals with a monster and pushes it to an adjacent tile toward the center. So the row looks like:
[#1 revealed with Mage] [#2 unrevealed with monster] [#3 revealed with Prisoner] [#4] [#5]
In his second turn the Mage moves to the tile#2 and reveals it. The Prisoner is still on the tile#3.
Which of the following is true (all relates to the tile#2):
a) I have to add another monster on the tile (automatically, regardless of the die roll) because of the neighborhood with the Prisoner. So the Mage will deal with 2 monsters.
b) I don't need to add/roll anything, because the tile already has a monster.
c) Existing monster is counted as "automatic", and I have to roll a die to determine the normal appearance of another monster.

The correct answer is A. When playing with the prisoner, those four surrounding tiles are treated as though they will get an automatic monster on their die roll determining orientation. That die roll if a 1, 2, or 3 will be treated like a 4, 5, or 6.

I hope those answers help. Thanks for pointing me to these remaining questions and I am thrilled you are enjoying the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riff Con
Russia
flag msg tools
Thanks a lot! No more questions =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.