1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

Legendary: Paint the Town Red» Forums » General

Subject: 5th Hero wish list/ideas rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Reynolds
msg tools
mbmbmb
Based on the assumption that a) this expansion contains the same number of cards as FF (5 heroes 2 mastermind etc) and b) the first four heroes are Black Suit Spider man, Black Cat, Spider Woman and Moonknight who would you like to see as the fifth hero?

For me it has to be Scarlet Spider. I'm not fussed whether it's classic or modern. I imagine modern may be easier to design due to the slightly different power set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
I design custom dividers, playmats, and cards for various BGG users.
badge
Check my profile page for links to all my posted projects!
mbmbmbmbmb
Anya Sofia Corazon (Spider Girl) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anya_Corazon
May Parker (Another Spider Girl) http://marvel.wikia.com/Spider-Girl
Maria Vasquez (Tarantula) [url]http://marvel.wikia.com/Maria_Vasquez_(Earth-616)/Gallery[/url]
Ann Weying (She-Venom) http://marvel.wikia.com/She-Venom
Madame Web http://marvel.wikia.com/Madame_Web
and of course...
Another Wolverine!

Those are my votes lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Finnegan
msg tools
mb
Spider-man looking to go fight Carnage? Seems to me he needs to place a call to the Lethal Protector himself. Chalk me up for a Venom hero set. My number two choice is Ben Reilly.

On a side note, Spider Woman isn't going to be spider friends aligned is she? I'd rather she was an Avenger, unaligned or even S.H.I.E.L.D. regardless of the (possible) fact she's in this set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy theCritic
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have stated it before, but #1 with a bullet is Stark Industries Spidey (aka Iron Spider).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Karns
United States
North Aurora
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
I agree with Scarlet Spider, I think that would be great. A Venom hero could be neat if he had some cross play with the Spiderman cards where they fight off one another.

I'd only go for a 3rd Wolverine if this one is in a Spider-suit of his own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Mullen
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's go old school ... and if you are old enough to remember ... consider yourself awesome:

Firestar (Spiderfriends)
Iceman (a Spiderfriends version)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA3rTcX46b4

For those of you who don't know
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Reynolds
msg tools
mbmbmb
roguesaw wrote:
Spider-man looking to go fight Carnage? Seems to me he needs to place a call to the Lethal Protector himself. Chalk me up for a Venom hero set. My number two choice is Ben Reilly.

On a side note, Spider Woman isn't going to be spider friends aligned is she? I'd rather she was an Avenger, unaligned or even S.H.I.E.L.D. regardless of the (possible) fact she's in this set.

I completely agree with your alignment comment. In addition Black cat should be spider-man aligned and Moonknight obviously Marvel Knights. I think if Spider-Woman is spider-man aligned it will really annoy me... Prob to the point were I just wouldn't use her.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Reynolds
msg tools
mbmbmb
BetaTesterPrime wrote:
I agree with Scarlet Spider, I think that would be great. A Venom hero could be neat if he had some cross play with the Spiderman cards where they fight off one another.

I'd only go for a 3rd Wolverine if this one is in a Spider-suit of his own.

No more wolverine! Haha but if they have to then go for the venom wolverine combo from new avengers

http://wallpoper.com/images/00/41/05/85/venom-wolverine_0041...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan DeLano
United States
West Valley City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Luke mother!@#$ing Cage please.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Norris
United States
IN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

My guess (some pretty obvious):

Moon Knight - Marvel Knight
Spider Woman - Shield
Black Cat - Spiderman
Spiderman - Spiderman
Black Spidey - Spiderman
Ms. Marvel - Spiderman/Shield.

I would like to start seeing characters with duel affiliations.

Masterminds:
Carnage
Mysterio
Hobgoblin
Sandman
Silvermane

Now I would love to see a hybrid Mastermind representing the Sinister Six. Create a unique card for each of the Masterminds featuring one of each of the six. Flip the top card, and that represents the current Mastermind. Defeat him, flip the next card, ect.....

This would totally blow my mind!

Villan Group:
Spidey Foes #2.
Some of the above listed Masterminds.
Kraven The Hunter

How about instead of another Villain group, we get a henchman group of:
Spider Slayers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Carvalho
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
I dwell in possibility
badge
Forever is composed of nows
mbmb
greyelephant wrote:

How about instead of another Villain group, we get a henchman group of:
Spider Slayers!

I concur, the game needs more henchmen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Reynolds
msg tools
mbmbmb
greyelephant wrote:

Now I would love to see a hybrid Mastermind representing the Sinister Six. Create a unique card for each of the Masterminds featuring one of each of the six. Flip the top card, and that represents the current Mastermind. Defeat him, flip the next card, ect.....
!

Awesome idea! I would love this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Asher
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
For heros I really want to see:
1 venom
2 scarlet spider
3 and I think a far shot iron spider
But for the mastermind I really want it to be hobgoblin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ni Cress
msg tools
mbmbmb
* For my case, I expect others versions of Spiderman (differents suits for example : black, 2099, civil war, and so on. And let the choice to play a "full" set up Spiderman... Only Spiderman and his powers to defeat Mastermind and the evil Scheme. Only 2 others versions, and i'll be happy.

Anyways, I expect another heroes too (like already quoted here) ^^ like a Venom hero version...

So... I'm agree with a Spider-foes #2, a Carnage Mastermind obviously...
And for the first time a new kind of Mastermind, like a Villain team, like this :
-> a main Spider Threat as Mastermind (like the Sinister Six for example) with all tactics are unique Mastermind cards. Example : Electro, Kraven, Sandman, Vulture, Doc Oc, Mysterio... With another condition to fight the team, and beat each of this tactics cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spider Li
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I see that my dreams of all Spiderman box is not happening.

Sensational Spiderman and 2099 version is what I hope to see in this box.

Tim Noris idea of Sinister Six mastermind where all the mastermind card are different villian is very very interesting.

And like I mention b4 in another post, I would like to see Henchmen and Villain that are related. Example Spiderman have deal with many spider slayer big and small. Therefore we can have Spider Slayer henchmen group and Spider Slayer Villain group.

This can be with the moldloid and Doom bots as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin C
United States
Townsend
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't complain about any of the heroes I'm seeing here, but I'd sacrifice that one extra hero in favor of another group of henchmen or a COUPLE extra Masterminds. There are still a bunch of heroes I'm dying to see, but adding more Masterminds/Villains/Henchmen cranks up the variety more. I'm still having a lot of fun with the game, but I'm getting sick of the same Henchmen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Brault
Canada
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Assuming Spider-Man and Black Cat are Spiderfriends, Moon Knight is a Marvel Knight and Spider Woman is something non-Spiderfriend, the set really needs a third Spiderfriend. That'd bring the total to 4, like the Fantastic Four, and that'd make having superpowers dependant on Spiderfriends usable.

That said, I don't know who'd be a good addition to the roster
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kafaldsbylur wrote:
Assuming Spider-Man and Black Cat are Spiderfriends, Moon Knight is a Marvel Knight and Spider Woman is something non-Spiderfriend, the set really needs a third Spiderfriend. That'd bring the total to 4, like the Fantastic Four, and that'd make having superpowers dependant on Spiderfriends usable.

I wouldn't exactly call 4 heroes from a pool of, what, 42 (32 atm for me, no F4 yet, that's +5, then +5 for Spidey exp) depedable. Most likely you'd see on SF hero, which could of course, like the F4, do the combo by pairing up two or more of that hero's cards, but seeing 2+ different heroes from that team is still a long shot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryon Hake
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That assumes you will select Heroes completely randomly. Many players don't do that anymore. We usually hand select at least one or two of the heroes.

After you have selected most of the heroes randomly, you can hand select teammates for some if you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Rimgar
msg tools
mb
Given what we know about the cover, I wonder if the fifth hero is an alternate Spider-Man?

All I know is for my pie in the sky choices, I want a Symbiote Villain group for Carnage. Lasher, Riot, Agony and Phage.

As for the second mastermind, the shame is that they have to have a villain group to go with it. Given how much I want the Spider Slayers to make an appearance (or just more henchmen in general) I'd rather they show up and the second slot be given to Smythe.

Edit: If this is not the case however, I would definately want to see my favorite Spidey villain, Scorpion. And perhaps Mysterio.

I can handle two schemes, just for the love of god give us more variety in Henchmen!

For heroes, it's a shame both Scarlet Spider and Spider-Girl are unlikely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bryon wrote:
That assumes you will select Heroes completely randomly. Many players don't do that anymore. We usually hand select at least one or two of the heroes.

After you have selected most of the heroes randomly, you can hand select teammates for some if you want.

Completely random is the only way to go. I just leave out heroes who have been used in this rotation, so first game is from 32 heroes, next from 27 (assuming the normal 5 heroes called for each game), but which heroes come up, no choosing, just random.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really wish we would have gotten more Spider-Friend heroes. There is plenty to draw from and while Spider-Woman & Moon Knight are awesome - they're not really related to Spidey.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Born
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Well I really want to see Scorpion in a villain group, I mean he is on all the scheme and scheme twist cards!

for another spider friend I was thinking Prowler, Firestar, or maybe Nova?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kappy
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
But if they end up putting Nova in there my dreams of the next big box being a cosmic box will be dashed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hoping for Kaine as Scarlet Spider for a bit of modern flair.

Expecting Brock as Venom or Morbius.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.