3 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » General

Subject: Badly printed dice rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wookie Dave
England
flag msg tools
Has anyone else had issues with the dice in ST: Attack Wing?

A friend and I bought 2 copies of the base game along with a bunch of the expansions at Spiel 2013 last week (so no receipt or anything). We opened one box and had a look, but my copy remained sealed until I got back home.

Unfortunately for me, a couple of the attack dice have some very faint markings. They look like single pips from a standard die, instead of the torpedo symbol that I expected.

Does anyone know what WizKids' customer support is like? Is it worth contacting them about this or will they give me the run around?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Pitner
United States
Plano
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's another thread that laments the lack of quality on some of the Attack Wing dice.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1057225/check-your-dice-...

My recommendation would be to try to correct it yourself, although you can always try to see what WhizKids says. I hear a lot of mixed reactions to the customer support, and unfortunately most of them have been poor responses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wookie Dave
England
flag msg tools
Thanks for the info, Scott. I did look for other threads, but missed that one.

Seems like I'm lucky in a way. After checking all of the dice only two appear to have issues and even then it seems they have additional paint on sides that should be blank, rather than missing markings.

I looked at the WizKids site and started a replacement order. But you need a receipt in order to use the automated process (rather than email them) and it takes 3-5 weeks for a replacement after they receive the defective version (means I'm down 2 dice for a while).

So rather than go through the rigmarole with WizKids I think I'll just try nail varnish remover or scrape the paint off. soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.