Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Rise of the Runelords – Base Set» Forums » General

Subject: Adventure plot rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keir
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmb
Does this game spoil the plot of the actual adventure path rise of the rune lords. or can players play this game and still enjoy playing the actual adventure plot in the future?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I haven't played the pen and paper Pathfinder but from what I can tell it's the same plot. But, in my experience with D&D, adventures are rarely the same thing twice. I had a D&D starters set when I was a teenager and we must've done the beginner adventure half a dozen times before deciding on our characters and figuring out most of the rules. While he plot was the same, for the most part, each time, the events varied drastically.

I actually plan on running a Rise of the Runelords campaign starting in November because I like the card game so much.

But like I said, the base plot appears to be the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toni Miinalainen
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It uses the same locations, allies and villains that appear on the adventure path. So if you want to keep the villains/enemies secret for your players I wouldn't go beyond the base set with this. The scenario / adventure cards also have the chapter names on them which might reveal what's coming up in the adventure. So it does spoil some surprises but in RPG:s things rarely go the planned way so it doesn't ruin the ride completely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fromper Fromper
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rougenoir wrote:
Skimpy wrote:
Does this game spoil the plot of the actual adventure path rise of the rune lords. or can players play this game and still enjoy playing the actual adventure plot in the future?

On the contrary, they'll be so relieved not to meet bunyips in the General Store.

I'm about to start GMing Rise of the Runelords for the RPG, and now I just have to add this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.