Jason Washburn
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

I made some changes after my Gencon run and changed the anatomy of my cards based on the feedback I got at Gencon. So many folks to thank for there time and interest in my game.

I am looking for folks who are interested to play the revisions. There are a fair amount of cards in the game. I would not want anyone to crush the printer with this game. So I have copies of the game I can mail to you if you want to play it and offer feed back. let me know if you are interested.

3 to 6 players
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2d9sb7d24s3djqg/Jf3a_dcs0_

Hooch

HOOCH is a fun and intense resource management card game for 3-6 players set during Prohibition. Each player controls a Syndicate, a groups of like minded ne’er-do-wells. The object of the game is to be the first to get the set amount of hooch before your rivals. But that’s easier said than done. First you’ve got to take control of a location, put up a still, and hire some muscle to defend it. The other syndicates are doing the same, but they’re also trying to stop you from becoming the most powerful crime lord in the city. They might go to war, sending their soldiers to take out your operation. Or maybe they’ll send a Button Man in to take out all your guys and then they can stroll in and take over the place themselves. Sure you’ll have your own Syndicate members to help you, but that won’t get you all the way. You’re going to need a public face as well. Maybe you should bribe a Judge. He can help you with all those pesky City Politics they might throw at you. Maybe a Mouthpiece to help the law bend your way. But something to keep in mind: you paid them off, maybe someone else might be able to pay more. Hooch is a game of alcohol, greed, backstabbing and violence. It’s the American way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Washburn
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Hooch Reloaded.
Some of what the art looks like.
Action Card

Syndicate Character

Promoted Syndicate Character

Store Front

Crew Card

Public Character

Any Feedback would be great. Thanks for taking the time to look at my project.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Washburn
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Hooch Reloaded. Looking for a group to playtest
Anyone interested?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Ingeland
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be interested. Perhaps. How many cards would need to be printed? They are huge. I'd rather have larger letters...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
torontoraptors
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you ship to Portugal?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zigi Hogan
United States
The Ozarks
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
What's it going to be then, eh?
mbmbmbmbmb

Feel free to GM me about this game. I haven't had a chance to take a real close look at it but I am the organizer for a local game group in my area and we have play tested a couple other local games in developement and would be happy to give yours a try. We have 5+ who show up on a weekly basis and a total of 40ish who are members of our facebook group. We run the gamut from 14 years old to up to 50 so you should get feedback across a broad spectrum of game buyers with different ages and styles.

Look us up on FB at Game Lads of Springfield too.

Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Richard
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
The game looks pretty awesome, but I don't have any reliable group for testing... so I'll have to pass on it.

But I will try to read over the rules in the next few days. Good Luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Washburn
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
No one has to print anything. I can send you a copy. If you have card sleeves that would be wonderful. And if you dont have those just let me know. I want to make it easy for you to try the game. no need to print. just PM me your info and we can work out getting the game sent to you.

Also the rule book has all the components so you know the size and scope of the game. The cards are standard poker size cards. They were copied larger here so you can have an idea of the art of the game. I know some folks are picky and dont like to play games that do not look visually pleasing to them.

Thanks in advance I am super excited to get this to folks.

Jason
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Washburn
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
McTeddy wrote:
The game looks pretty awesome, but I don't have any reliable group for testing... so I'll have to pass on it.

But I will try to read over the rules in the next few days. Good Luck!

Thank you! I would love any input!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Hicks
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be happy to playtest your game Jason - though I'll warn you in advance that it may take me a bit to get in enough plays to give you some constructive feedback.

Do you plan to return to Kickstarter again soon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Ingeland
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you really going to ship a copy to Sweden?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Washburn
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
magneheeli wrote:
Are you really going to ship a copy to Sweden?!

Yes I can ship to Sweden. Do you have scissors?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Ingeland
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, lots!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Washburn
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
BobTHJ wrote:
I'd be happy to play test your game Jason - though I'll warn you in advance that it may take me a bit to get in enough plays to give you some constructive feedback.

Do you plan to return to Kickstarter again soon?

I do plan to return to Kickstarter. We developed the game and played it for about 6 months hardcore. I took it to the first Play Test Hall at Gencon. Had some wonderful feedback. So great plays and some questions. Mind you the game was pretty locked up. Just the victory condition was a bit off, though it worked it just did not work as good as it should.

We took these thoughts and ideas and infused a few other mechanics to make the point sytem have value meshed with the theme and game play. I think that I have been able to do that now. So this is the testing for this change. A few cards were added based on feedback from Gencon.

I am shooting for possibly April for the relaunch of kickstarter. With that relaunch I am trying to get the price down from 40 to 30 for domestic sales. We will see if this happens or not but I am really hopping so.

thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael M.
United States
Bloomington-Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just sent you a geekmail with my info
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Washburn
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Check the link in the first mail for the rulebook, That you can download here. The cards will be printed and shipped to the address that were given in Geekmail.

I would recommend sleeves for the cards. There are standard poker size cards and mini cards which are half the size of poker cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Washburn
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Got plenty of folks willing to look at the game. If anyone wants to just look at the rules and chat about what works and what does not let me know.

The game should be going out to those folks that asked for it in the next 10 days or so. thank you so much. excited to get any feedback on the rules, game, art or even the over all theme!

jason
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Johns
United States
Huntersville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good Luck to you, Jason. If you need anyone else to playtest, I would be willing to get my weekly game group to play it as well. Let me know if/when you might be able to send info on the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Washburn
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I have promised all the copies I have if you want to print it out yourself I have no problem giving you the files. It is a lot of color and if you wanted to print it yourself I would recommend getting it printed at office max or staples or something like that. it would be an investment for you though it is a good sized card game.

I am still looking for a few folks to take a look at the rules to check my work though.

thank you, I am hopping to place this back on kickstarter in April.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zigi Hogan
United States
The Ozarks
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
What's it going to be then, eh?
mbmbmbmbmb
jason2043 wrote:
The game should be going out to those folks that asked for it in the next 10 days or so. jason

Has anyone received a playtest copy of this game?

I was one of the first to request it and haven't seen hide nor hair.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Ingeland
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It has arrived at my place in Sweden a while ago. Unfortunately, I haven't had the time yet to buy sleeves or glue them onto thick paper..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Hicks
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zigihogan wrote:
jason2043 wrote:
The game should be going out to those folks that asked for it in the next 10 days or so. jason

Has anyone received a playtest copy of this game?

I was one of the first to request it and haven't seen hide nor hair.

I got mine - though I haven't had a chance to assemble it yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Washburn
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Art for the influence cards done. I got my counters done as well as my final rule book is coming together and almost completed. So just a few pages on the rule book and the game is 100% done art and all.

INFLUENCE CARD

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.