EastFront II» Forums » Rules

Subject: Are the OOS units revealed to opponent ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
We'll play Eastfront this week-end. As warm-up, we played a few fortnights with computer Eastfront.

The program reveals the name of the units losing a step due to OOS status. Thus, if playing the historical scenario, you can know with certainty the strenght and type of these units.

Rules say nothing about that. I suppose the program is wrong ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty M
Ireland
Fermoy
Co Cork
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When playing the game, you don't have to reveal the identity or strength of units when they lose a step when OOS - you just rotate the block accordingly (or remove it if eliminated).

The OOS units are supposed to be marked to remind you of their status (I think the rulebook suggests using coins) - I use the small coloured blocks from Wallenstein. This is important because OOS units don't exert a ZOC - this way your opponent can tell that your units are OOS without knowing their identity or strength.

Technically speaking, the computer programme you are describing is giving a bit of an advantage to your opponent!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Swider
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also be mindful of beachheads, naval and fortress supply effects. You may be inadvertently taking step losses that are unnecessary. Players can remind each other of those situations. You can also point out situations where you think a supply loss may have been overlooked.

The EF program from CG is very good from that perspective, and a reason why I much prefer it over vassal for EF play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.