Popular Tags: [View All]
Lines J. Hutter
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The card says:"You can place any knowledge token on any level of the tree."
I'm not sure what would be the use/benefit of that.
What can be done with this knowledge token?
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
The wording is a bit unfortunate. I think it means "you can exchange your 1 knowledge token on any tree level". Since one exchange those tokens on tree level in order to gain game points, it's safe to assume that you in fact "leave/place" your knowledge there in some mystical way.

This allows you to possibly snatch an additional tree marker from an other tree level (if it's already on 1), giving you a better chance to get 2 bonus points for tree markers at the end of the game. Note that with this action you can exchange knowledge two times - first, on this level, as much as you want (if there's still "space"), and second, using this card action, exchanging additional one on any level.

Update: confirmed by publisher (local polish forums).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RedImp Games
msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
Lines42 wrote:
The card says:"You can place any knowledge token on any level of the tree."
I'm not sure what would be the use/benefit of that.
What can be done with this knowledge token?
Thanks.

ANSWER: It is the easiest to explain using the example:
The player whose action token is placed by the „Order of the edge of the world” has 5 knowledge tokens. He may exchange one of them into a victory point on any branch of the tree (this is how one may gain a tree marker from the branch below), and the remaining four on the actual branch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lines J. Hutter
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great. Now I understand.
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.