Popular Tags: [View All]
Andreas Vecstric
Sweden
Malmö
Skåne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
(Inspired by this thread)

The game has now been released and seems to be getting good reviews. Now we know that Ticket to Ride and Small World, two other highly regarded Days of Wonder games, have been getting a whole lot of expansions, both big and small.

So what kind of expansions are you hoping/expect to see for Relic Runners?

Here are some of the ideas I'd like to see.

As mentioned in the other thread I guess there might be some bigger expansion with new maps. Africa and Asia got mentioned in the other thread. What speaks against that is that there is no location mentioned in the base game's name, but then neither is there in Ticket to Ride (USA). There might also be some kind of maps where you have to enter caves or bigger temples and move around inside them (instead of the abstract temples there are now),

The maps might have new kinds of pathways like:
* limited to a certain number of players
* Single direction of movement possible
* Limited number of moves before collapsing
* Ration-pack cost of moving
* Need more than one pathway-token to "map"(?)

More ideas fit both as part of a bigger expansion or as smaller expansions or promos.

Traps: Extra tiles that give negative effects when exploring. Hopefully both traps that snap on you when exploring or combined with player interaction where you might be able to put traps on other players pathways and such.

New Explorers: With new special abilities. Maybe some sort of minor level-system where you can spend VP to level up to a new special ability.

New tech-branches: Either to add to the existing ones or replacing old ones. (I think you just have to be aware to always have the 'put one more pathway' option available since otherwise missing the ruins for pathway-placing would be to harsh I guess?)

Anyone have more interesting ideas?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Foerster
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I definitely like the exploring inside of an actual temple. Maybe could be a small mini map that players get to go inside for a limited time. They could have certain number of rounds before they are trapped. To make it interesting paths could dissapear and obstacles appear that make it harder to get out. If you do not get out you lose a round recovering in the base camp and have one fewer rations. The positive of exploring would be better chance at relics and special powers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Hicks
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Easy Ideas:

New temple tiles in the existing colors.
Blue ones currently give fixed number of points secretly. Not sure how to expand upon that but the other two colors are easy to make new tiles for.

New player/player color.

Harder Ideas:
Camp tile can be placed on a site instead of placing a path, maybe? This tile can store some food, which can be picked up when the player passes through it?

Boulder traps can be triggered, when a relic is taken. (Sticker on the bottom of the relic, maybe?) These traps destroy trails along the path taken. This can be good or bad.

Chasms/Hazards: two-wide gaps where a trail must be placed from BOTH SIDES before it can be crossed. -or- Trails that, when used, return to your supply unless you pay food?

Enemies: These are revealed when a Relic is taken and they block the node they are standing on! They can be moved/removed by various means...

Equipment: Things I can buy at base camp using my point coins. Additional special powers, but each equipment I hold reduces my food capacity by 1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.