Subject: Switching of ages and a card question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yoshi
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I bought the game played once and read the rules after playing (got a walkthrough of the rules by a friend prior to playing obviously).

When a transition is made from one age to the do the cards on the progress board from the 3-gold row stay in play? The rules say to remove all cards from rows 1-gold and 2-gold, move all cards from the third row to the first row and then fill the board up with cards from the current age. This would imply that age 1 cards may still be available in age 2 and so forth. While I would say the rules are clear that this is the fact, I still wanted to make sure

Second question, there is a wonder (don't remember which) that allows you to place an advisor on it. Once an advisor is placed on this wonder can said advisor be replaced by another advisor? The rules suggest that this may not be done (a card is no more once placed over).

If you may not place a new advisor over this advisor but an effect in the game forces you to lose an advisor (I have not checked all the cards to see if this is possbile but I might just as well ask, seems like this is likely ) and you choose the advisor on the wonder, is the wonder again free for placing an advisor or is the spot cleared entirely?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hammond
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, for the first turn in a new age you can have some or all of the 1 row filled with cards of a previous age.

The wonder (and I also don't remember which one it is) in effect creates another adviser slot for you, you aren't overbuilding the wonder. You can change that adviser out. In addition if a game effect makes you discard your adviser, I believe you lose both, (based on an old pre-release ruling) but that could have changed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Choy
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's the porcelain tower card. Yes, you lose both advisers - there's a list of certain special effects in the back of the manual just after the scoring pageon page 23 that details the effect of the titanic.

edited for specifics
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rustan Håkansson
Sweden
Norrköping
flag msg tools
designer
bgdev.club is really a site address, no www or .com needed :)
badge
Join the Board Game Development Club, see behind the scenes, participate in development, add the games you are working on
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. Added details on Porcelain Tower to the FAQ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoshi
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great, thanks all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.