Emile de Maat
Netherlands
Hengelo
Overijssel
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Suppose I want to score my fishmonger. It is connect to the harbor, to a tenement owned by me, and another tenement owned by an opponent. In order to reach the second tenement, I need to pass a lock.

If I score the fishmonger, and do not pay for the lock, do I get the points for the tenement as well? After all, since I do not pay for the lock, the other tenement does not supply workers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martyn Skillern
United Kingdom
Worcester
flag msg tools
When we played last night, our understanding was that all tenements that are connected supplied workers and locks had to be used.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marieke Franssen
Netherlands
Hengelo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am struggling with this issue as well. We had a situation where for scoring a certain building, two tenements were available, but each was behind a different lock. Could the owner of the building to be scored pay the for just one lock, and then score his own tenement for exclusive use (the other being owned by another player), or would he need to pay for both locks, thereby losing the exclusive use? Also, if he only had money to pay for one lock, could he score the building at all?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Aemisegger
United States
Glen Carbon
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just sent an email to the game developer with this exact question.

The Building scores without paying for the use of the workers. But the workers do not score because they are still not exclusive. So using this logic you could pay 1 money to one player and score the tile. But the worker tile does not score due to more than one being connected.

I also posed the question of a situation with an exclusive canal providing access to the Harbor. The canal was controlled by another player and the player placing the building had no money to score the tile. On the next turn he played the black market adjacent to this industrial building. Using the same logic the tile would score due to the availability of an alternate harbor and he does not have to use the locked canal.

If this changes in any way I will amend my post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To be clear, a tile connected to a harbor scores immediately, even if you do not have the crown to pay the guy who owns the lock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Katrina
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Faced this issue today; one tenement was 'through' a lock but the other was not. Did anyone get a definitive answer? We played such that you only paid for a lock if you had to use it to score (which we didn't), but counted tenements as if the lock were used (so, the tenements were not exclusive & did not score).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.