tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
Life lesson: Hamsters are NOT diswasher safe.
badge
There are 10 types of people-- those who understand binary, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, really- her pronunciation and her delivery is dreadful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MABBY wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
I read the BBC article on this yesterday.

Irwindale is a heavily industrial community. And this is the first harvesting season that this plant has been in operation for Sriracha. This will be a minor issue that should be resolved rather quickly. The lawsuit, IMO is just another frivolous money grab by attorneys since lives are not at risk here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Ku
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
"You can spend all your time making money / Or you can spend all your love making time."
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm big on hot sauce, and I think Sriracha is terrible. Sorry, Andy. I grew up eating my grandmother's homemade hot sauce, and I'd rather have that any day.

Having said that, there is a Chinese restaurant in Toronto that has the best hot sauce I've ever tasted. Every time I go there, I want to steal the container. I'm going to ask for a jar next time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon
United Kingdom
Cambridge
flag msg tools
badge
These days it's Valentina for me, which is really tasty. I never really got into the Sriracha fad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jakobcreutzfeldt wrote:
These days it's Valentina for me, which is really tasty. I never really got into the Sriracha fad.

I don't think anyone would suggest Sriracha is the BEST hot sauce around. (I'm personally a fan of our local Aardvark sauce - it's awesome!)

What Sriracha is is ubiquitous. That makes it a handy fallback - it's just plain everywhere, so if nothing better is on hand, at least you can use Sriracha.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
XanderF wrote:
jakobcreutzfeldt wrote:

I don't think anyone would suggest Sriracha is the BEST hot sauce around. (I'm personally a fan of our local Aardvark sauce - it's awesome!)

What Sriracha is is ubiquitous. That makes it a handy fallback - it's just plain everywhere, so if nothing better is on hand, at least you can use Sriracha.

Is there a particular Aardvark flavor you prefer? I just checked out the website and am ready to make an order. Probably the t-shirt too.

6 bottles should last me a bit and I'm leaning toward a sampler.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon
United Kingdom
Cambridge
flag msg tools
badge
XanderF wrote:
jakobcreutzfeldt wrote:

Yes, I can agree with that. If Sriracha is on the table, I'll certainly squirt some on whatever I'm eating.

Thanks for the Aardvark tip. I'll have to order some.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K
Canada
toronto
ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
futhee wrote:
I'm big on hot sauce, and I think Sriracha is terrible. Sorry, Andy. I grew up eating my grandmother's homemade hot sauce, and I'd rather have that any day.

Having said that, there is a Chinese restaurant in Toronto that has the best hot sauce I've ever tasted. Every time I go there, I want to steal the container. I'm going to ask for a jar next time.

Which restaurant?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
Siracha is too sweet for my tastes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am boring. I just like Franks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
riddlen wrote:
I am boring. I just like Franks.

Franks used to be my go-to sauce until I became a bit older and burned out 95% of my taste buds.

I now need an extra "kick" to taste anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:
Franks used to be my go-to sauce until I became a bit older and burned out 95% of my taste buds.

Not necessarily. You can become acclimated to capsaicin and thus require more of it to feel any pain. This tolerance can also fade. I heard a radio interview with an Indian who was going to school in the US and went back home on holiday. She made his favorite curry and when he ate it complained it was too hot.

She wondered what we were doing to her son.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AKA Halston Thrombeaux
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
frumpish wrote:
Siracha is too sweet for my tastes.

The answer:

Same ingredient list, except that sugar, which is listed second on regular squeezy bottle Sriracha, is absent from the delicious paste

This stuff, along with whole dried red peppers, elevated my cooking to a higher plateau of spiciness
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Jorgensen
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just reading this thread is kicking off my reflux.

I haven't eaten hot sauce in a long time cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Ku
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
"You can spend all your time making money / Or you can spend all your love making time."
mbmbmbmbmb
kade wrote:
futhee wrote:

Which restaurant?

Congee Queen at Don Mills and Steeles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Holder
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, Tuong ot Toi sauce is good. You should also try Sambel Olek, for things that need the same heat without the garlic...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Good intentions are no substitute for a good education.
badge
I take my fun very seriously.
mbmbmbmbmb
MABBY wrote:

That's a computer, not a human.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Flyboy Connor wrote:
MABBY wrote:

That's a computer, not a human.

Sometimes they are indistinguishable
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AKA Halston Thrombeaux
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
peapicker wrote:
Yeah, Tuong ot Toi sauce is good. You should also try Sambel Olek, for things that need the same heat without the garlic...

I noticed that stuff since they have a roughly 6-liter jar of it next to the other Huy Fong sauces at the Asian grocery.

However, I don't think my worldview encompasses "things that don't need garlic" whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M C
United States
Mount Dora
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In central Florida, we have a wonderful chain restaurant called Tijuana Flats. They are a basic order at the counter, grab a table and eat your burrito place, but one thing truly elevates them. The hot sauce bar. Fill up your own little containers of a wide variety of hot sauces from mild to it will hurt you (twice). They also have their own line of sauces, the "Slap my ass can call me Sally" line. Finally, they are one of the largest hot sauce distributors in the south east, you can get their sauces but also a ton of other companies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:
XanderF wrote:
jakobcreutzfeldt wrote:

Is there a particular Aardvark flavor you prefer? I just checked out the website and am ready to make an order. Probably the t-shirt too.

Now that you mention it, I think I've only ever actually HAD their habanero sauce. And it's sooooooooo yummy....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
XanderF wrote:
Orangemoose wrote:
XanderF wrote:
jakobcreutzfeldt wrote:

Now that you mention it, I think I've only ever actually HAD their habanero sauce. And it's sooooooooo yummy....

Thanks - it goes on my Christmas list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.