Chris Talbot
Canada
Fort Smith
Northwest Territories
flag msg tools
Be seeing you... -Alphonse
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris C. and I played another game of A&A Minis last night. This time, he expanded the map to four pieces stuck together and we increased the ante to 200 points. I built my entire army out of Germans, while Chris built his out of ... er ... well, he was the Allies (British units?). I concentrated a good deal of my points into tanks -- a Jagdpanther, a couple of Panzer IVs and a Puma, as well as some infantry, including a sniper and a machinegunner.

Once we'd chosen our units, we rolled to see what kind of scenario we'd play, and a scenario with three objectives was chosen. One objective was my base, another was his and a third was out in a forest area around the centre of the map. I set up my machinegunner and a mobile howitzer near my base, while Chris set up a good deal of infantry and a couple of anti-tank guns at his base.

The game lasted four turns, at which point I'd lost all ability to do any damage to his remaining tanks. I started out well, sending my tanks in to do some damage to his Shermans. I'd even managed to eliminate all of his Sherman tanks, leaving his frontal assault force in a shambles. He still had a couple of scout tanks, an anti-infantry tank and a tank with a howitzer on it (can't remember the name of it), but luck ended up not being with me in the end. I had rushed up far too quickly, only to take too much damage in my assault on the Shermans. Even my poor Jagd went down due to some well-placed anti-tank fire and some good maneuvering by Chris, who circled around so he could fire at the Jagd's weaker rear armour.

When I had nothing left but my half-track, my machinegunner and one lone Panzergrenadier out near the middle objective point, we called it. I couldn't even do enough damage to stop his remaining tanks by that point.

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.