Jared Miller
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
I assume this is the case, but, after defeating a henchman that gives you an opportunity to close the location, if you fail to close that location (like if it depends on a skill check), I assume you then have to continue to explore that location until there are no cards left to be able to attempt another close. Is that right? Would be a big bummer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deathworks
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

Yes, you are absolutely right. If you fail to close the location upon defeating the henchman, the next chance is when you have depleted the location deck.

The sole exception would be if the villain was also in that location deck (after escaping), I guess.

So, when challenging a henchman, you need to make sure that you are also able to close the location as well (or have enough time left).

Yours,
Deathworks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Miller
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Failing a close check on a location with many cards left can be a real setback. Deathworks is right: part of a winning strategy is to have your characters go to locations where they have a reasonable chance of closing the location. For example, if the location requires Dex or Acrobatics, send your Rogue (d12), not your Paladin (d4).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Clifford
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can always temporarily close it when trying to finish off the Villain. I've had a couple of games where we found the Henchman real early in the deck and didn't close the location. Towards the end we needed to keep someone at that location ready to temporarily close it to win the game before the Blessings deck ran out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.