Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » General

Subject: How to get a Game Night Kit? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
João Almeida
msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
I just saw a post in FFG website where a player of Call of Cthulu LCG tells how he created his game group, and one thing that he says is that: "I'm not a store owner or part of a local gaming club. [...] To win [the local store] over I said I would be handling everything, they just needed to provide the space."

It seems to me that he got the GNK to run his tournaments without intervention of the store. Is that possible? I always thought that only stores could get the GNK. Maybe I misunderstood him?

Thanks in advance.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hraklea wrote:
I just saw a post in FFG website where a player of Call of Cthulu LCG tells how he created his game group, and one thing that he says is that: "I'm not a store owner or part of a local gaming club. [...] To win [the local store] over I said I would be handling everything, they just needed to provide the space."

It seems to me that he got the GNK to run his tournaments without intervention of the store. Is that possible? I always thought that only stores could get the GNK. Maybe I misunderstood him?

Thanks in advance.


It's similar to what's going on in Iowa City - we ask the store owner to purchase the GNK and then charge a small fee for the tournament(s) to help cover the cost. The store doesn't have to do anything except order.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teky Teky
Argentina
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
you can also start asking to card sellers on ebay if they can get you a GNK, eventually you will get one, I found one some time ago, I tell him I was planning on running the first "national" tournament in my country (Argentina) with no official support and when I bought two datapacks he even sent me the GNK Season 1 FOR FREE!!!, later I bought the GNK Season 2 from him, and this weekend we are running the tournament at my home and will be giving away things from the kits

I don't remember exactly the seller but I get to him just by asking if he could get the kits
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian H
United States
Anacortes
Washington
flag msg tools
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Just get in good with your local game store owner and they will probably give/sell you one.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Peters
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I think alot of people are trying for a full kit this time around for the Data Sucker Promo. I feel the price of buying a full set of these will be absurd looking at PSF 100$ how much is a 3 of staple going to be. I get the difference between a gen con promo and a GNK "2of" but still 450ish PSF in the world and an another for the top 32 of us. vs the 1/2 kits your typical store will purchase is pretty similar I would think?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Pettigrew
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Drhorrible wrote:
I think alot of people are trying for a full kit this time around for the Data Sucker Promo. I feel the price of buying a full set of these will be absurd looking at PSF 100$ how much is a 3 of staple going to be. I get the difference between a gen con promo and a GNK "2of" but still 450ish PSF in the world and an another for the top 32 of us. vs the 1/2 kits your typical store will purchase is pretty similar I would think?


PSF is not the card to be looking at. While you may want 3xalt art Datasucker (like you would want 3xalt art PSF), the availability is very different. Alt art Mac or alt art Crypsis are what you should be looking at. That's $30 for Mac and $50 for Crypsis currently.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Peters
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
That depends how you look at it in my area Crypsis is a 1 of kind of catch all, in case of situation and the Alternate art version is ugly. Alot of us that have them dont even use it. the Kate is a 1 Of card as well you will never need a play set of them. Data suckers on the other hand are a 3 of in just about every deck I put together.

So I feel that the PSF being arguably the best looking card even if its not played that highly is the best comparison to the new Data sucker as far as early estimation of price goes and dont get me wrong if I am wrong I will be so happy cause I want a 3 pack but I am betting it will be closer to the 100$ Mark then the the 30$.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Pettigrew
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Drhorrible wrote:
So I feel that the PSF being arguably the best looking card even if its not played that highly is the best comparison to the new Data sucker as far as early estimation of price goes and dont get me wrong if I am wrong I will be so happy cause I want a 3 pack but I am betting it will be closer to the 100$ Mark then the the 30$.


You're missing the point. There are approximately the same number of alt art Macs and alt art Crypsises as there will be alt art Datasuckers. There will be different numbers, but they should be in the same ballpark. There are far fewer alt art Private Security Forces. One alt art Private Security Force is about $150. Three alt art Mac would be about $100.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Peters
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
etherial wrote:
Drhorrible wrote:
So I feel that the PSF being arguably the best looking card even if its not played that highly is the best comparison to the new Data sucker as far as early estimation of price goes and dont get me wrong if I am wrong I will be so happy cause I want a 3 pack but I am betting it will be closer to the 100$ Mark then the the 30$.


You're missing the point. There are approximately the same number of alt art Macs and alt art Crypsises as there will be alt art Datasuckers. There will be different numbers, but they should be in the same ballpark. There are far fewer alt art Private Security Forces. One alt art Private Security Force is about $150. Three alt art Mac would be about $100.


My argument is not fully about how many are out there. we are both using apples and oranges here. in my mind Crypsis is ignored because its a one of in most decks, and ugly to begin with. Kate is a singleton in an entire collection. PSF is a borderline niche card but looks very good and was only attainable via a single event 450 players and then those of us in the top 32 received an additional one. 482 Approximately, 50 states how many stores have GNKs per average 3/6 stores per state with GNKs? so going with a high estimation that is 2 kits per store 12 kits per state 50 states thats 1200 Data suckers in the US roughly. SO that is quite a difference in availability for sure. But how many decks do you build with 3 PSF's vs 3 Data Suckers.

I am looking at it from a magic players perspective a cards value is determined by its playability and its rarity. Data Sucker is a 3 of Staple meaning its playability is high and the amount of kits are still relatively low and the fact that it is a 3of unlike the previous "rare" promos is what will drive the price up. Granted as I said earlyer this is all speculation and I could very well be wrong I hope I am and can pick up the ones I do not win for 30 bucks a pop but somehow I do not feel that will be the case only time will tell.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João Almeida
msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
Does anyone else have problems with the "organizedplay@fantasyflightgames.com" e-mail? We were talking in a daily basis and suddenly, FFG started to ignore me. It has been a month since I got their last answer...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent 57
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, they've been US for the plugged in tour and then worlds, and then Arkham Nights. That is a good 7-8 weeks of events to plan, run, and then debrief. With Thanksgiving I wouldn't expect an answer this week either.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.