Tyler DeLisle
United States
Richardson
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been searching around, thought there was something by Google, but having trouble finding what I'm looking for.

Ideally, it would be a website calender where you could put in peoples emails, and they would be sent an email asking them to go to the site. On that site, you would be able to post which days you were available (such as Saturday or Sunday), and what times would work for you. And hopefully there would be a little text box where you could make a game request if desired.

I'm finding it to be a chore to have to coordinate between 5-7 different people, who can make it on what day, what time would be good for everyone, and if there will be enough people or should I invite others.

I'm sure most of you just have a set night of the week, with set people, but there must be others in a similar boat as me with schedules in flux. How do you coordinate, any tips?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Facebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Uhler
United States
Commerce City
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We use boardgamemeetup.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A gaming group I'm currently in has used Yahoo Groups to do polls and make announcements. We're planning to switch over to Facebook.

Another option, which is currently being used by a volunteer group I'm in, is doodle.com. We're currently trying to figure out a time when all of us can participate in a conference call. It seems to be working well, except that one of the participants is unable to get his preferences to stick on the poll page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Carter
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We just use Google Groups. Google Calendar does what it sounds like you want. https://www.google.com/calendar/render

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BGG guilds. Has google calendar built-in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Titran
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
we use consimworld

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hughes
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for doodle.com

One of my game groups uses it and it's great. It's simple to use and visually very easy to see when everybody's available times line up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
what is used where I live is meetup.com

More for setting up a specific date. Then seeing when others are available
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Richardson
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Osyrn wrote:
+1 for doodle.com

One of my game groups uses it and it's great. It's simple to use and visually very easy to see when everybody's available times line up.

Yeah, thanks guys, I think this may be perfect for what I need! Might setup a Facebook group on top of it for further communication down the line.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Robertson
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
Life is Short; Play Games!
badge
The BixCON Series of gaming events: A combination of Great Friends, Great Food, & Great Drink!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Tyler. I discuss "Game Night Organization in this blog post...
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/562/time-to-get-organi...

You may find some useful tips there. Good luck and have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
We use the topic of the IRC channel we idle on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Hungerford
West Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We use a Facebook Group expressly for that purpose (and have another specifically for Twilight Imperium, as well as 40k, Dragonlance RPG and a few others...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Richardson
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bixby wrote:
Hey Tyler. I discuss "Game Night Organization in this blog post...
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/562/time-to-get-organi...

You may find some useful tips there. Good luck and have fun!

Thanks for that link, some good stuff in there. Though I think I'm really liking doodle.com.

I could sync it with Google to get all my contacts, and it syncs with my Calender. I already have 4 people that posted what times they'd be available to play over the weekend. There's an available link if anyone wants to bring friends, and the Time poll automatically shuts off after 6 people have signed up. Which is a bit clunky since I'm not sure how it counts people that signed up for off-days, but it's 90% of what I wanted. Even has a comments section for discussion or if anyone wants to request a game.

Only other thing I might want to add down the line is a reoccuring poll where people can just pick games they'd want to play and majority dictates.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the meetups I attend in the Toronto area are organized through meetup.com

it's a well designed tool with lots of features for users like comments/discussion sections, reminder emails etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diz Hooper
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Our group uses Facebook and that works pretty well. I've also attended groups that use Meetup and those sites were easy to use as well. The benefit of these two sites is that if you're looking to add more members to your group, it's a lot easier for new users to find your group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.