Subject: Solo variant - Shadow player's turn rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Oakley
United Kingdom
Selby
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I'm just about to start my first solo game (and, in fact, my first game full stop) and looking through the rules it says the shadow opponent plays "After buying a progress card, deploying on Military or hiring an architect". Does this mean deploying on a non-military building is a 'free' action for me or is there a typo in the rule quoted above?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rustan Håkansson
Sweden
Norrköping
flag msg tools
designer
bgdev.club is really a site address, no www or .com needed :)
badge
Join the Board Game Development Club, see behind the scenes, participate in development, add the games you are working on
mbmbmbmbmb
No, this is very intentional, and mirrors the game with real opponents. The number of times you roll the die is better this way. Also, most times with opponents you will deploy to buildings at the end of the round or do that to try to force the opponent to pass first. Stability buildings are a bit different, but that part was too small to take into consideration for the solo game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Oakley
United Kingdom
Selby
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you!

I assumed the other way and after the first age and a half I was feeling like I was playing very badly. I will restart now and play the right way and hopefully it will be a bit more comfortable

Other than playing it wrong, I'm liking what I've seen so far!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Koen
Belgium
Rotselaar
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thisisnotasmile wrote:
"After buying a progress card, deploying on Military or hiring an architect"

thanks for pointing this out, I misread this rule and rolled after every action I took.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rustan Håkansson
Sweden
Norrköping
flag msg tools
designer
bgdev.club is really a site address, no www or .com needed :)
badge
Join the Board Game Development Club, see behind the scenes, participate in development, add the games you are working on
mbmbmbmbmb
Added a note on this to the FAQ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Briscoe
United Kingdom
Shropshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I have also been rolling after every action!! Duurrrr!!!! blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.