Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Frahm
United States
Queen Creek
AZ
flag msg tools
badge
Can someone post a picture of how you managed to fit everything in the insert? Not sure where to store all of the Plymouth Street tiles...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

This is an older photo, and I've made a couple tweaks since then:
- Placed all German tiles underneath insert w/punchboard frames to raise entire insert to prevent any wiggle room in box (and store extraneous German components of course).
- All Location Tiles are now stored in a single large slot (lower right)
- Cut out a small part of one punchboard frame to put underneath the Location Tiles in the larger slot. This prevents the tiles from getting stuck which could lead to eventual mashed corners. I also added 2 German Location Tiles on the left and 2 German Location Tiles on the right of the stack to further prevent any mashed corners.
- Have rearranged the components a bit in the upper right slot since I plan on using the 2 mini-expansions every game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Frahm
United States
Queen Creek
AZ
flag msg tools
badge
Thank you very much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bradshaw
United Kingdom
Newcastle Upon Tyne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another idea is to store the treasure chests upside down - then the vacant spaces can be used to keep separate the various commodity, galleon, frigate and other tiles.

There's more than enough room to store everything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ender Wiggins
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
framebrain wrote:
Can someone post a picture of how you managed to fit everything in the insert? Not sure where to store all of the Plymouth Street tiles...

Here's how I do it:

I only have the two sets (English language) of Plymouth Street tiles in the insert. They fit beautifully in the lower left compartment in my above photo. I have put the the third set (German language) under the insert, since you don't need the third set anyway. There's a spot where the base of the insert isn't quite as deep, and a complete set of Plymouth Street tiles fits conveniently right there in two piles.

You should find that this nicely gives you enough room to put everything in the box insert.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bradshaw
United Kingdom
Newcastle Upon Tyne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To those people who have yet to acquire the game, or those yet to punch out the pieces - don't punch out the 16 Location tiles you don't need (You don't need the ones that are yellow on both sides if your language is English, blue if German) and don't punch out the spare sets of 3 Frigates and 4 Spanish defenders. Those un-punched sheets can then be placed under the insert.

If you have already punched out the game but still have the sprues, those pieces can easily be slotted back in place for storage under the insert, as described.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B S
United States
redondo beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seghillian wrote:
To those people who have yet to acquire the game, or those yet to punch out the pieces - don't punch out the 16 Location tiles you don't need (You don't need the ones that are yellow on both sides if your language is English, blue if German) and don't punch out the spare sets of 3 Frigates and 4 Spanish defenders. Those un-punched sheets can then be placed under the insert.

If you have already punched out the game but still have the sprues, those pieces can easily be slotted back in place for storage under the insert, as described.

I just had to fish my sprues out of the bin!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.