Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
michael peterson
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This game looks pretty interesting to me but is that what the box is really shaped like? My space in my little office is limited and I am getting a bit tired of off shaped boxes. I just don't have room for a ton of boxes that don't stack together. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Turkiewicz
Germany
Losheim am See
Saarland
flag msg tools
badge
Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
just a normal 12.00 x 12.00 x 5.00 inches box. no odd shapes but no standard game box either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
christopher gabrielson
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
Its a dense lil bastard thats for sure. Its actually more like 9x7x5(h). Its a chest you see... a MAGIS chest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alicia
United States
flag msg tools
badge
"Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans."
mbmbmbmbmb
Vincent_V wrote:
just a normal 12.00 x 12.00 x 5.00 inches box. no odd shapes but no standard game box either.

I think that's the point he's making, that it's NOT a standard size game box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex W

Champaign
Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have so many boxes of different sizes, I don't even honestly know what a standard game box is anymore. Dominion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Di Ponio
United States
Lake Orion
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks good to me and I can find space for it. Could be worse...it could have been packaged in a coffin box! wow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troels Rohde Hansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
also, after unpacking you can cary all you need to play in your codex. Easy to carry in your bag or store on the book shelf.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
paul lieberman
United States
Piscataway
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Is that your complaint! Really!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
debawv wrote:
I just don't have room for a ton of boxes that don't stack together.

Just think of it as a mini game between sessions, Like Tetris . . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shinners
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
brandoncorgi wrote:

It's one of those things you can't understand unless you live in a place that has limited space to store things. I've actually culled games from my collection before because they were in irregular boxes and prevented me from being able to store games in an easy manner (well, that, and they were tied with a game in a regular box for my affection).

But yes, it's a serious complaint people can make, and it's really annoying for some of us with limited space for our collections.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claus Jensen
Denmark
Stenlose
Sealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MattShinners wrote:
brandoncorgi wrote:

It's one of those things you can't understand unless you live in a place that has limited space to store things. I've actually culled games from my collection before because they were in irregular boxes and prevented me from being able to store games in an easy manner (well, that, and they were tied with a game in a regular box for my affection).

But yes, it's a serious complaint people can make, and it's really annoying for some of us with limited space for our collections.

"Off shaped size" has very little to do do with limited space. If you want to get technical, Serpent's Tongue has the perfect box, because there's literally NO space left inside. So if your complaint is a lack of space for games, you should point fingers at every other box in your collection
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ebon Hawk
United States
Janesville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you thought about getting a plastic container with a lid that would fit the area so you could store all the odd shaped boxes together and still have a "normal" sized box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shinners
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
NetSapiens wrote:

"Off shaped size" has very little to do do with limited space.

Not true. I have a shelf on which I need to keep my games contained. I can hold exactly 2 games, side by side, if they're the normal 12x12 box. If it's a Mage Knight-sized box, I can fit those and an Agricola-sized box on a shelf. If I have a box that's off-shaped size, that's going to prevent me from neatly stacking the boxes on the shelf, and I'm not going to be able to maximize that space. The original Summoner Wars Master Set wrought havoc on my shelf because of it's non-standard size.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Explainit Derek
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Put it under your bed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Yee
United States
Las Cruces
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess the question would be, can you put it in a "long term storage" elsewhere? That way you could setup your codex, which is much smaller and more book sized, and leave the majority of it in a long term storage area (Like under the bed, the safe, the foot locker, what have) and not on your nice clean shelf.

I feel your pain, while storage space isn't my exact issue, storage neatness does annoy me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.