Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Brownsill
United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got my copy today.

Have now punched it but don't understand why they had some components that have to be punched out of the shaft inlays that you then have to punch out of the pits. Then you have separate shaft inlays that you put in the hole where the previous inlays where.

Why didn't they just have each player pit as one whole piece ?

Am I missing something

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Hafen
Germany
Bonn
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wondered the same thing when I punched it out. After playing it now, I think the reason is that with the inlays, the elevators stay in the shaft better than if it were simply made of one piece of cardboard. They would slide around more without it. I'm assuming this is why they made it this way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Horabin
United Kingdom
Hounslow
Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
Spearmint - A Different Lifetime
mbmbmbmbmb
Hiya, the inlays you place in the shaft are slightly thinner than the original pieces and therefore the lift slides better.

Certainly confusing at first but genius when you see it function properly!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Brownsill
United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd better play it then and find out
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico Robbemont
Belgium
Hoogstraten
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
neilhora wrote:
Hiya, the inlays you place in the shaft are slightly thinner than the original pieces and therefore the lift slides better.

The inlays are indeed slightly thinner than the whole player board, but I still consider it a poor design. The lift easily derails at the top or the bottom of the shaft.
I prefer to play WITHOUT the inlays for smooth lift operation!
(when playing on a smooth tabletop)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.