Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Lund
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the player order on the last space of the wall special action track fixed in order of arrival - as in Macao? That is, if blue reaches the end first, then red arrives, does blue stay on top? This is contrary to the English rules, but since player order is a tie breaker, it seems against the spirit of competition to award the tie to the player most fashionably late to the party.

And if the order is not fixed, can you spend a white AP to move to the top of the stack in the last space? Again, I would assume no based on the English rules as written.

When it happened to us, we played the rules as written, but I can't help but feel the Macao rules make more sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SebZ
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, honestly I do not really know. But like you said, the rule tells us that the person coming last will be put on top.
Perhaps you need a house rule here?

It will probabely not be such an issue because in the last round of the game, going first will not be that important any more. But well, it depends on how fast you progress your token on the turn order track.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
RAW yes.. the last one to the party would win the tie.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pastuzyn
United States
Midland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
corkysru wrote:
RAW yes.. the last one to the party would win the tie.

Agree with this -- last one wins. If you buy the progress tile that can jump you to the end of theline, it is especially sweet.

In Feld's game Luna, there is a similar tie-breaking track. During the game, if you land on the same space, you end up on top (like Amerigo). However, the first person to the last spot on the track always wins and people who come behind have to go under the first person. Since Feld declined to use this in Amerigo and he was aware of it, the above should be the interpretation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scriptorum wrote:
it seems against the spirit of competition to award the tie to the player most fashionably late to the party.

Actually it is not at all against the spirit of competition to award the tie to the last player to get there. Quite the contrary.

Being "fashionably late" means foregoing the advantage of going earlier in the player order which is a significant advantage. To manage a tie from behind in most cases means they played a superior game.

I've played at least a few games where ties were broken in a similar manner. (either being behind in turn order or in some other factor that is disadvantageous)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.