Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lines J. Hutter
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. What happens if a place like Maggot's Outlet runs out of cards and in the draw and discard pile are less than 3 cards? (Full player game and people stack their healing items). I assume you just place as many as possible.

2. Can "Boarding for Angelos" be only used from the first player on the place? In other words is this Boarding card blocked for follow-up players just like in the "Boarding into the Enclave" section?

3. Is player's money open information or is he allowed to hide it?

4. I assume the card hand is kept secret. Is the back if the cards secret too? This might be important to hide the number of Pryze cards a player has for the final scoring (bonus points).

Thanks for you answers.
Like the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
My take:

1. Place as many as possible. Keep in mind that used items land in the used pile and can be reshuffled. If, however, player stack items on hand, there's nothing you can do. Game designer explained this as a lore thing - it depicts that in post apocalyptic world, the availability of tools and medicaments is scarce.

2. Most probably any player can use it as long as he has his marker there. It's similar to Shephard and any player can make a boarding there, just the rewards/price differ.

3/4. Money is open information. Cards on hand is not, although players are allowed to see card backs. If everyone agrees, you can play with both hidden. (this one comes straight from publisher/designer).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lines J. Hutter
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your answers.
I like that a place can run out of cards.
Have to play a 4-player game to see this happen :-)
Only played 2-player games so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RedImp Games
msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
1. What happens if a place like Maggot's Outlet runs out of cards and in the draw and discard pile are less than 3 cards? (Full player game and people stack their healing items). I assume you just place as many as possible.

ANSWER: If at any moment during the game any deck has less than three cards, the corresponding discard pile should be shuffled into it. Maggot's Outlet is a special location whose deck may even run out of cards, which shows how hard it is to get medication in the postapocalyptic world.

2. Can "Boarding for Angelos" be only used from the first player on the place? In other words is this Boarding card blocked for follow-up players just like in the "Boarding into the Enclave" section?

ANSWER: Any player whose token is placed by this card may use it.

3. Is player's money open information or is he allowed to hide it?

ANSWER: Players' money is an open information, however if all the players have agreed to that, they may play with secret money.

4. I assume the card hand is kept secret. Is the back if the cards secret too? This might be important to hide the number of Pryze cards a player has for the final scoring (bonus points).

ANSWER: Cards in the player's hand are secret. The players can only see the reverses of other players cards, so that they know from which stacks those cards come from. If all the players have agreed to that, they may play with completely secret hands.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Just to confirm, unless you have In Sync, each Boarding card can only hold one Snatcher, right?

Also, you can gain up to 8 end game VPs, right? Most tree markers, most tree tokens, most money and most pryze cards are four separate categories?

One other question - the example of boarding shows a mental loss of 3 and a gain of 5, for a total of -2. In the example, the mental is already maxed out, but if it had not been, could you actually gain mental as part of the boarding, or is the best you can do not to lose any?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.