Popular Tags: [View All]
Yves LaFrance
United States
Greenacres
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to confirm my interpretation for a rule.

For the Research phase, the rule states:
« Beginning with Lead Scientist, each scientist moves a number of Elements (shown by the Research Experiment level) onto the Research Field. A scientist may place his elements on any claimed or unclaimed Compound (and his personal Fire Extinguisher). »

So, if I have a level at 3, that allows me to put up to 3 elements on the Research Field. However, since the Fire Extinguisher is not in the Research Field, I was wondering if elements could be placed there beyond the level.

I'm pretty sure the level number is for elements placed in both the Field and the Extinguisher, but the first sentence in the rule made me doubt.

Note: I haven't played yet but will this coming weekend. BTW, this is for a cool event: it's a fund raiser for the Miami Children's Hospital that consists of a 25-hour gaming marathon (video and board); it's happening at the HackLab in Boynton Beach.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tyree
United States
Dayton
Ohio (OH)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is my understanding that elements placed on the extinguisher count towards your limit in the turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Louder
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mtyree1972 wrote:
It is my understanding that elements placed on the extinguisher count towards your limit in the turn.

Correct, the limit counts for both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yves LaFrance
United States
Greenacres
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.