Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin S.
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mostly for amusement value, I wanted to share something from my last game. We actually had an odd number of cards in the destiny deck. When building it the second time through, one deck of skill cards was down to one card in the draw deck, and no discard pile.

The really funny thing was we later had to rebuild destiny midway through dealing it into a check.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Tanner
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
BryceCon Game Convention Jan 15-18 in Southern Utah www.brycecon.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Slip ups happen.. The first game I ran, I was teaching it to 5 new players and had never played it myself.

No one spiked checks, no one took negative actions. I kept reminding people of things that the cylon players should be doing to hamper the humans' progress. I was lost, it seemed like there were no cylons in the game. I knew I wasn't one.

Here's the kicker. There were too many decks of different types of cards, and I got mixed up during set up. Somehow, we ended up with 4 cylons by the end of the game. 4 cylons who, until the last turn of the game, stayed unrevealed and didn't harm the humans one bit.

Funniest part of it is that the humans came much closer to winning than they did in the second game when I set it up right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But this wasn't a slipup.. It was just a legitimate scenario of there not being enough cards to make a full destiny deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Tanner
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
BryceCon Game Convention Jan 15-18 in Southern Utah www.brycecon.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahh, missed that. Lots of people with full hands?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmb
Before Daybreak, many of us used a variant where discarded Treachery was added to Destiny, so an odd count there was pretty standard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin S.
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MilesF wrote:
Ahh, missed that. Lots of people with full hands?

Sort of..the deck we all but ran out of was treachery. We'd run into the Daybreak treachery cycle, and had just had it dealt around the table for the umpteenth time. Having a cylon Ellen Tigh didn't help. devil

oriecat wrote:
Before Daybreak, many of us used a variant where discarded Treachery was added to Destiny, so an odd count there was pretty standard.

I've seen that variant, I still thought it was interesting to see it happen with a standard rule set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.