Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Keller
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/15857323/zombicide-stora...

$140 for a $24.99 Hobby Lobby Artist Storage Case?!?!
http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/wooden-artist-case-12500...

$15 for his fan-fic? gulp

$60 for his "original Zombicide scenario"? shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the same guy that was trying to flog them via eBay here, on the CMON forums, and ZombiesDash.com.

I believe his eBay sale didn't do too well.

And he got very defensive when we pointed out that he was asking far too much for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Hood
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadges by request, geekmail me for details!
mb
Aww, no international shipping, damn! whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh C
United States
Sherwood
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got this for my game http://us.battlefoam.com/products/Zombicide-Foam-Tray-Kit.ht...

and if you need more space http://us.battlefoam.com/categories/BF-Shield-Bag/Bag/ this bag could proabably customized to the zombicide standards if you called and asked.

140 is a bit ridic

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/03/28
mbmbmbmbmb
I like how the guy justifies his preying upon the uninformed by saying that someone else already did it to Dominion owners. shake

At least with the Dominion KS you were getting custom cut plastic dividers (for some crazy expensive price).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Morgan
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chopperdan wrote:

And he'll print it out and sign it for just $20 more! Act fast - there are only 10 (of 10) available!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EitherOrlok wrote:
chopperdan wrote:

And he'll print it out and sign it for just $20 more! Act fast - there are only 10 (of 10) available!

I best act. I really want the signature of random con-man from the internet that nobody has heard of!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Surprised cmon hasn't dropped the IP hammer down on him.
I don't believe you're allowed to use art from a product without permission

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn George
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Open your eyes...
mbmbmbmbmb
There have been several Kickstarter projects that use the same case for Dominion storage cases, and sell for similar prices. Personally I think it's a bit absurd when I managed to create something similar for under $30 and a couple of hours, but I suppose some people lack the tools and/or willingness to do it themselves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Rydin
Sweden
Helsingborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if GG allows him to use their art on his scenario holder..

Edit: notified GG about his well-worth-the-money scenario-holder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chopperdan wrote:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/15857323/zombicide-stora...

$140 for a $24.99 Hobby Lobby Artist Storage Case?!?!
http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/wooden-artist-case-12500...

$60 for his "original Zombicide scenario"? shake

It's been cancelled due to an intellectual property dispute!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Le Jeune
Belgium
Namur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I received an apology from Kickstarter

Glad this has been taken care of. Stupid scammers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really hope he has not already sunk $3000 into stock...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually I am glad of this for one thing.
I didn't know about that case and now I do.

A weekend with a saw and some wood glue and I'll make one myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ling

New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HAH!

ZOMBICIDE STORAGE CASE (Canceled) is the subject of an intellectual property dispute and is currently unavailable.

No need to check the servers — the rest of Kickstarter is doing just fine.

Thanks for your patience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Baldassar
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As some of you might not know, because I didn't until about 20 min ago, the online price has nothing to do with the store price.
I went to the store thinking what an awesome idea, I’ll pick one up and put it to use. When I found the cases not only were they not on sale, they were marked $59.99.
I quickly pulled up the Hobby Lobby web site and found the item. I asked a person on the floor that offered no answer. I took it to the register who said she couldn't do it but would ask her manager who also said she couldn't do anything. I said really? You don’t price match your own store’s online prices? She said she would check with her manager and came back and said her manager said those prices are online only. Where I repeated “really” I can have it shipped to my house for $21 bucks but you won’t budge on the price, the price your own store listed? NOPE

As I see it, even though the person was out of there mind trying to kickstart this at the price per unit they were asking, maybe they were also dumb enough to purchase directly from a local store.
The markup from $65.00 (That roughly includes taxes) to $140 is the price of doubling their money. Even though I think they were a little crazy for doing it, I don’t think it’s as bad as it was presented. Oh by the way right now through the 9th of Nov, 30% off, I can get it shipped to my house for $21

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Campbell
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
Regardless of price, I'm not sure it's that great of a storage solution. It seems like there wouldn't be enough room for all the tiles, and it looks like it could be difficult to remove the car and map tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Baldassar
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SabataSmurf wrote:
Regardless of price, I'm not sure it's that great of a storage solution. It seems like there wouldn't be enough room for all the tiles, and it looks like it could be difficult to remove the car and map tiles.

I was thinking more so for "Last Night on Earth" or even "Frag", I've stuffed my box with more than it can handle.
There's a few other games I think it would work nicely for.
Zombicide I agree most likely not so good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tebald wrote:
As some of you might not know, because I didn't until about 20 min ago, the online price has nothing to do with the store price.
I went to the store thinking what an awesome idea, I’ll pick one up and put it to use. When I found the cases not only were they not on sale, they were marked $59.99.
I quickly pulled up the Hobby Lobby web site and found the item. I asked a person on the floor that offered no answer. I took it to the register who said she couldn't do it but would ask her manager who also said she couldn't do anything. I said really? You don’t price match your own store’s online prices? She said she would check with her manager and came back and said her manager said those prices are online only. Where I repeated “really” I can have it shipped to my house for $21 bucks but you won’t budge on the price, the price your own store listed? NOPE

This is actually fairly common practice, and is as you say completely ridiculous! I purchased the new Batman game from Tesco (a big supermarket chain) Direct but the disc didn't work properly so I took it back to my local store where I was told they weren't supposed to exchange them, because essentially the retail and online stores are run as different businesses. Fortunately, I got somebody who was helpful, and let me exchange anyway, but I've had far more instances like your one, and it is quite frankly daft!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, Walmart is notorious for not matching their own online prices.
And even one step further, if you order something, like say a bicycle, even if they have one in Stock at the local location they will still make yiu wait to ship one in specially for you.

That said, and while it sucks on the consumer end, there is a business explanation.

Thr reason the prices online are lower is because of lower overhead.
Not as many employees.
No store front.
Etc etc.

Its more expensivefor the store to have a pproduct on a shelf there, then itis to havee it in a warehouse where 6 people work packing up boxes.

And really, the only store I know that'll match in store as their online, is CSI
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Hood
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadges by request, geekmail me for details!
mb
ropya wrote:
Yeah, Walmart is notorious for not matching their own online prices.
And even one step further, if you order something, like say a bicycle, even if they have one in Stock at the local location they will still make yiu wait to ship one in specially for you.

That said, and while it sucks on the consumer end, there is a business explanation.

Thr reason the prices online are lower is because of lower overhead.
Not as many employees.
No store front.
Etc etc.

Its more expensivefor the store to have a pproduct on a shelf there, then itis to havee it in a warehouse where 6 people work packing up boxes.

And really, the only store I know that'll match in store as their online, is CSI

I get this when it's a stock fulfilment issue. Some stores service their online sales from local stores, though, (some even allow you to buy online then go pick one up in store, assuming they have stock) in which case it makes no sense not to price match in store. Even if the store itself is making no money on the sale, it would be simple enough for them to process it in store and pass along the sale to online for the customer service win alone.

I had the same thing with a fridge once, the store were adamant they wouldn't match the online price, wouldn't give me a discount (even though I'd worked for the group and knew they had discretion to offer up to 10% without even consulting a manager) and wouldn't even throw in free delivery. I bought the same fridge from their online store, got them to price match a competitor so it was even cheaper (and the competitor offered free delivery so they matched that too) and it was fulfilled from the stock and delivered by the driver from the very same store that refused me a discount. I would have been more than happy to get £30-40 off, yet in the end I saved about £140 and it was just as much work for the store. Crazy! All they did was cost themselves even more money and lose a customer into the bargain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tebald wrote:
 Oh by the way right now through the 9th of Nov, 30% off, I can get it shipped to my house for $21

Is that a coupon or site wide sale?
Ie, how would I get this deal?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Baldassar
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's on the site, discount already applied - just add it to your cart and you're good to go, I did miss-quote the price it's $24 shipped to my house.
There's a 40% off but you can't use it, they don't stack and it won't take because the coupon's for regular priced items. You might be able to call and have them do it over the phone.

ropya wrote:
tebald wrote:
 Oh by the way right now through the 9th of Nov, 30% off, I can get it shipped to my house for $21

Is that a coupon or site wide sale?
Ie, how would I get this deal?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Baldassar
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI here's the break down if you order one online.
A little dissapointed I called and they wouldn't substatute the 30% for the 40%
Both expire the same date, rather than wait I thought I would get one and see how well it works.

Promotion Code 8785
Enjoy 40% off your highest priced, eligible item. Thank you for shopping at Hobby Lobby.
Merchandise Subtotal $24.99
Discount ($7.50)
Subtotal $17.49
Shipping $6.95
Tax $1.44
Total $25.88
Paid with Credit Card $25.88

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.