Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Dignam
United States
Lithia
FL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Under which faction should you place a completed mission?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Diosi
Canada
Newcastle
Ontario
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The completed mission will have one or more faction logos in the middle bottom section of the card. One of those may be chosen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lutz
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DocStryder wrote:
The completed mission will have one or more faction logos in the middle bottom section of the card. One of those may be chosen.

What does that placement affect? For example, if I get to the Capo Prime rep level, do I only count the completed missions I have put at the bottom of that faction column even if I have others with that factions icon?

BOb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Byer
United States
Fishers
IN
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you complete a mission if it has multiple factions you choose which faction you completed it for and place it under that specific faction and it no longer counts towards any other possible factions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bender
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pilotbob wrote:
DocStryder wrote:

What does that placement affect? For example, if I get to the Capo Prime rep level, do I only count the completed missions I have put at the bottom of that faction column even if I have others with that factions icon?

BOb

The only thing I can see where placement matters is if another mission or scheme has effects modified by how many missions you've completed for a particular faction. And I don't actually know that happens as I'm still not all that familiar with the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis R. Chance
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, I just saw this. Indeed, Docstryder is correct. Primarily, this matters for all three factions' level 4 rep abilities. This encourages players to complete missions, rewarding them for knuckling their way up the ranks, rather than schmoozing their way up by way of the Liaison or other rep gain effects.

Lastly, you count the mission you just completed that would put you at 4 or more rep toward the sum of missions for that faction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis R. Chance
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pilotbob wrote:
DocStryder wrote:

BOb

Correct. Many of these missions are things that more than one faction would like to tackle. So, when multiple factions are present on the bottom of the card, you choose one faction to represent on that mission. If any rep is awarded for this missions, you would gain 1 rep in the corresponding faction. So if you complete a mission in which you could gain rep for Cartel or Militia, if you chose Cartel, placing it in the corresponding completed mission row, the mission would no longer be considered a Militia mission.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.