Eclipse» Forums » General

Subject: UK People looking for Ship Part box? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan Flannery
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
As a non-american UK resident I'm obviously gonna find it hard to find "plano" boxes or whatever they're called, so I looked around for a UK alternative. In the end I settled on these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bead-Box-Small-Item-Storage/dp/B0030...

I ordered a couple from Amazon (each one is 18 compartments) for the base game and RotA expansion ships parts - they all fit in, with room left over in which I put a load of other bits, like discovery tiles, monliths and orbitals, etc. I'll try and take some pictures at some point, but Eclipse is currently buried at the bottom of my collection on the shelf. :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
mb
I bought a set of cheap containers from Homebase. They do the job, but are a little too high, so with all the other components (hexes, player mats etc) in the box, the lid rests on the components rather than the box sides.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LIVE NOW ON KICKSTARTER!!!
badge
LIFEFORM - LIVE NOW ON KICKSTARTER!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Home Bargains! Storage boxes for a couple of quid:

I tend to buy a bunch of these each time I go in, and use the Medium and Small boxes for most of my games now. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
For ship parts in particular, I still find GMT counter trays to be the no-contest superior solution over planolikes; they should be internationally available by some means or other (even got them from a local game mail order store in germany)

Like so:

Needed a little slicing off the sides of the base to fit the box in the orientation I wanted, but end result works nicely (bonus points for maintaining original inlay)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Flannery
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
I don't think people understand the concept of "easily available in the UK"! Trust me when I say that GMT trays are like rocking horse poop in terms of rarity, and we don't tend to have many discount hardware stores with cheap plastic boxes.

As I said, these bead boxes from Amazon are cheap, effortless to order, and the perfect size for ship parts. I even got then into the main box, along with all ROTA material, with no modification to the insert.

I think people from other countries take it for granted the ease of access they have to gaming knick knacks. My cube trays, for instance had to be ordered off Etsy... And with ridiculous postage costs from America and customs charges cost about £30!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Starkiller
United States
Wasilla
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, those of us Americans that live in Alaska suffer from similar problems. Shipping is impossible up here, and everyone else takes it for granted....I've paid $40 shipping for $23 item. yuk
I feel your pain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chapman
United Kingdom
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
Oh, alright - except for Codenames
badge
No, this is NOT my bloody "fursona"
mbmbmbmbmb
ninjadorg wrote:
Home Bargains! Storage boxes for a couple of quid:

I tend to buy a bunch of these each time I go in, and use the Medium and Small boxes for most of my games now. cool

I concur with this. Three Smalls take up about the footprint of one Medium, and the Eclipse box can hold three Mediums/nine Smalls plus the hexes and bags. I have the player pieces in six Smalls and the game bank in a Medium, though I'm probably going to break that down to three more Smalls to get the upgrade tiles better arranged. If I get the expansion, that will alter to twelve Smalls and everything else in the expansion box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.