Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gareth
Switzerland
Zürich
Zürich
flag msg tools
badge
My ass is green, but I don't let it worry me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, I'm taking a quick stab at cleaning up the rules. Although I have some plans on how they might be restructured, the first stage you see here is just me taking the English rules and cleaning away the language quirks. I haven't found time to do the 2 player specific rules nor the large voting example at the end.

I'll post it in some more easily consumable format later, but for now I'd just like to get some eyes on it to make sure I have things correct.

I'll be breaking this up into separate posts to make quoting easier.

UPDATE: PDF of the rules has been submitted to BGG.

UPDATE 2: PDFs now available: Capoeirista's Rules Rewrite

UPDATE 3: I've removed the content of this thread as it was already stale and I don't have enough spare cycles to update two locations with corrections. The PDFs should be regarded as the canonical source.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Gerrits
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much for this.

Capoeirista wrote:
- "POL -X" on a card means you lower the specified status marker the specified amount.

I thought it meant the political cost for an action was lowered by X, which also jives with:
Capoeirista wrote:
Cards may reduce the Political Cost of actions to '1', but never less.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Gerrits
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Capoeirista wrote:
7.2.2.3. Construction Actions
Constructing Trade Route: Each player may only take this action once per round.

Are you sure about this? It seems it could also be that only one route total is allowed to be built each round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gareth
Switzerland
Zürich
Zürich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Runkst wrote:
Thank you very much for this.

Capoeirista wrote:
- "POL -X" on a card means you lower the specified status marker the specified amount.

I thought it meant the political cost for an action was lowered by X, which also jives with:
Capoeirista wrote:
Cards may reduce the Political Cost of actions to '1', but never less.

I suspect you're correct. I'll double check tonight (this rule isn't in the online version of the rules).

Runkst wrote:
Capoeirista wrote:
7.2.2.3. Construction Actions

Are you sure about this? It seems it could also be that only one route total is allowed to be built each round.

No, I'm entirely unsure. I originally interpreted it as one trade route per round total, but when I was re-reading I got the feeling it was one per player. The small number of trade routes available would strongly imply once per round in total.

It would also be nice to get some clarity around how many trade routes can exist between any two kingdoms. Is the upper limit 3 (one General in each direction and one Allied) or can you build an arbitrary number?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hoyun Choi
South Korea
Incheon
Rep. of KOREA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Worship Wonders: Pay {1/2/3} Food to the Public Storage and gain 1 VP per wonder you possess.

Worship Wonders: Pay {0/1/2} Mineral to the Public Storage and gain 1 VP per wonder you possess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gareth
Switzerland
Zürich
Zürich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
summonschy wrote:
Quote:
Worship Wonders: Pay {1/2/3} Food to the Public Storage and gain 1 VP per wonder you possess.

Worship Wonders: Pay {0/1/2} Mineral to the Public Storage and gain 1 VP per wonder you possess.

Nice catch, fixed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hoyun Choi
South Korea
Incheon
Rep. of KOREA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

Correct.

Quote:
It would also be nice to get some clarity around how many trade routes can exist between any two kingdoms.

There is no limit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hoyun Choi
South Korea
Incheon
Rep. of KOREA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
7.5.1. Production

Heroes or Wonders may generate resource tokens(including VPs).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hoyun Choi
South Korea
Incheon
Rep. of KOREA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
7.7.2. Scoring
Look at the resource or production the card concerns. Have each player count up the amount of that resource/building they have or the level of their production.

Meaning of the level of their production is unclear.
The level of their production is determined by Player Status Board, Heroes and Wonders they possess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gareth
Switzerland
Zürich
Zürich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
summonschy wrote:
Quote:
7.5.1. Production

Heroes or Wonders may generate resource tokens(including VPs).

Good point, but it raises another question, do wonders which produce resources with an "R" ability also increase the production level on the Player Status Board or do they function more like Trade Route income?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hoyun Choi
South Korea
Incheon
Rep. of KOREA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Good point, but it raises another question, do wonders which produce resources with an "R" ability also increase the production level on the Player Status Board or do they function more like Trade Route income?

Wonders which produce resources with an "R" ability do not increase the production level on the Player Status Board. But they produce resources at production phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gareth
Switzerland
Zürich
Zürich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
summonschy wrote:
Quote:

Wonders which produce resources with an "R" ability do not increase the production level on the Player Status Board. But they produce resources at production phase.

Thanks, fixed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gareth
Switzerland
Zürich
Zürich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
summonschy wrote:
Quote:
7.7.2. Scoring
Look at the resource or production the card concerns. Have each player count up the amount of that resource/building they have or the level of their production.

Meaning of the level of their production is unclear.
The level of their production is determined by Player Status Board, Heroes and Wonders they possess.

I thought it was just the level on the Player Status Board.

Are you saying, for example, that for the "Maximum Production Food" Prosperity Card, I would add any production from Christopher Columbus (Era II hero: "R Food+1 per water") to my production level on my Player Status Board before comparing with other players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great work! I was expecting someone to do it. You did!

Wouldn't you upload a pdf with these rewritten rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gareth
Switzerland
Zürich
Zürich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
poifpoif wrote:
Great work! I was expecting someone to do it. You did!

Wouldn't you upload a pdf with these rewritten rules?

That's the plan, but I wanted to get them checked by others first and this is a slightly more convenient format for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gareth
Switzerland
Zürich
Zürich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
summonschy wrote:
Quote:

How certain of this are you? The reason I ask is that the wording for the effect of Petra hints that the opposite might be true:
Page 16 wrote:
Petra The player obtains 1 production status of money per a trade route the player owns (including trade routes and allied trade routes).

Admittedly, it could just be a funny wording, but the implication seems to be that you increase your status, not just produce.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
About 7.7 Vote, it seems you choose one of your prosperity cardsyou get from the beginning? There's no other way to get prosperity cards, right? You've got 3 of them during setup, and have to deal with them until the end, one at a time at the end of each Era, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gareth
Switzerland
Zürich
Zürich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
poifpoif wrote:
About 7.7 Vote, it seems you choose one of your prosperity cardsyou get from the beginning? There's no other way to get prosperity cards, right? You've got 3 of them during setup, and have to deal with them until the end, one at a time at the end of each Era, right?

Correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Rice
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gareth - According to someone connected to the game's response to my question on movement in trade routes, I think you could simplify the movement rules on trade routes to moving 1 space per trade force...there is no n-1 concept in play for trade routes. The only stipulation for movement on trade routes is that one must stop at the negotiation room so maximum movement would be seven spaces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gareth
Switzerland
Zürich
Zürich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
larryjrice wrote:
Gareth - According to someone connected to the game's response to my question on movement in trade routes, I think you could simplify the movement rules on trade routes to moving 1 space per trade force...there is no n-1 concept in play for trade routes. The only stipulation for movement on trade routes is that one must stop at the negotiation room so maximum movement would be seven spaces.

Odd, I assumed the n-1 part was there to basically limit the use of Trade Routes to people who had upgraded their Transport (otherwise you trigger the movement 0 clause).

It does indeed simplify things though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Rice
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I assumed the same...but all three of my games we've played without the n-1 and I appreciated how it also opens up a different opening move...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kareem Koh
Malaysia
Puchong
Selangor
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for this! Could you maybe add that the first player marker is moved to the player on the left at the end of the round?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
First of all, sensational work!
I was thinking of doing the same just yesterday (I broke out Patchistory then, to tackle the "demanding" rules), and then found your thread here! You, sir, saved me a lot of time!

But might I make a small suggestion...?
Could you maybe add comments in your OP what you fixed, based on comments, and what not (yet)? That way, it is easier to keep up to date (so to say)...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
larryjrice wrote:
I assumed the same...but all three of my games we've played without the n-1 and I appreciated how it also opens up a different opening move...

So, in the end is it a n-1 movement max?

Edit: I'd say no. I'm pretty sure the translation isn't correct there, and the rulebook should be read as "Move at least one space on a trade route but no more than your total traffic force". Could we have a confirmation here please?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
poifpoif wrote:
larryjrice wrote:

So, in the end is it a n-1 movement max?

Edit: I'd say no. I'm pretty sure the translation isn't correct there, and the rulebook should be read as "Move at least one space on a trade route but no more than your total traffic force". Could we have a confirmation here please?

we already confirmed this in another thread.

you must move with at least 1 movement and no more then your total.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.