Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: OP_DELETED [+] [View All]
Maxime Yazz
Canada
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they are a challenge. But like any army in NH if all other players gang up on them they are doomed. I find them more of a challenge in a 2 player setting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
My wife and I played a game of NH with the Dancer each day in May. We did not find it to be weaker than the other armies.

Monthly tournament (May 2013: Neuroshima Hex: The Dancer) + Pionek

If I calculated correctly:
as Dancer 15 times, I won 7 and lost 8.
as Dancer 14 times, Anna won 6, tied 2, and lost 6.
So we perform pretty similarly as Dancer, and Dancer seems to be similar in strength (over all) to the other armies.

PS: I recommend an admin move this Dancer-related thread to the forum for Neuroshima Hex! Dancer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from Neuroshima Hex! to Neuroshima Hex! The Dancer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maxime Yazz
Canada
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What happened to the first part of this thread?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
lfisher wrote:
Hey all I was wondering what everyone thought about dancer, I have a copy although most people around me aren't great at neuroshima hex so I don't judge based on that. However since I got it in iOS I have a very hard time even winning against the hard AI. I usually accept a 50% win rate as good to go against real opponents but I can't even manage that with them. I think I have won one game out of 10 so far.

I know they are completely different and I might not be playing the best way for them but I often find myself skipping turn after turn because the tiles that come up are not useful. Ex ranged guy netted and all battle/special battle tiles where nothing else can even hit something. Or I need two specific tiles like move and battle and get all pushes or push and something else. So what does everyone else think?

For the most part I don't think 3+ player free for all is worth it since often I find it turns into a camping battle/gang up on the weak guy battle. Dancer has it especially bad cause True to it's name the Dancer likes to Dance around the board but due to only having 3 units they cannot let the board fill up and Regularly calling battles to keep the board clear of opposing units seems to be the key. The more players you have in the game the bigger a target the Dancer becomes due to the fact that all their powerew is focused in so few units.

Now I've only played as them against the AI but so far I've pretty much won all but one of my games. In fact some of my games felt like they were over before they started cause I drew battle+activate 2 turns in a row both when I could hit the HQ for 8 damage.

The one time I lost was against Neo jungle. In the span of 3 turns I drew no battles but Neo drew 3 netters. By the time I drew a battle it was too late and there was nothing I could reasonably do to sweep the board and get myself unnetted

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maxx_Yazz wrote:
What happened to the first part of this thread?

OP seems to have deleted the question and their replies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.