3 Posts

Mansions of Madness» Forums » General

Subject: A Virgin Sacrifice for Cthulhu!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Beadle
msg tools
Greetings my fellow worshippers.

This coming Saturday i will be running our groups first session of MOM, i have purchased both the core game and the COTW and i will be running "The Dunwich Horror".

I have read the keepers information and im very familar with the original HPL story itself, the board and all components will be ready well ahead of my players arriving.

In preparation i would like some advice or guidance as a first time Keeper on how i can enhance the expeirience for my players and any possible reources i can call upon to make the evening go even better.

Any advice is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Zee
United Kingdom
Amersham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dirtybadger wrote:
Greetings my fellow worshippers.

This coming Saturday i will be running our groups first session of MOM, i have purchased both the core game and the COTW and i will be running "The Dunwich Horror".

I have read the keepers information and im very familar with the original HPL story itself, the board and all components will be ready well ahead of my players arriving.

In preparation i would like some advice or guidance as a first time Keeper on how i can enhance the expeirience for my players and any possible reources i can call upon to make the evening go even better.

Any advice is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Dunwich Horror is a great scenario but the story does not match Lovecraft's. So, I recommend my fix for the story. It converts the story into a sequel to the original.
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/92588/dunwich-horror-s...

If you don't want the bother of creating new cards, just read out the text at appropriate times. For instance, read out the text for Clue 1 when clue 1 is revealed.

I hope this helps - but if you do use the text please post feedback.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Thompson
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I, personally, wouldn't suggest Dunwich Horror as a first scenario. If you've never actually played the game, you can get your feet wet in scenarios 1,2 & 3 from the base set without getting in over your head.

-Terry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.