Popular Tags: [View All]
James Derbyshire
United Kingdom
Norton Mandeville
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
(This started out as a Private Message, but I thought it would be nice if others heard it. I hope you don't mind)

Hi Bruno,

I just wanted to thank you for teaching us your game at Essen. I doubt you will remember us, but it was late on Sunday, with my wife, brother and father. We were all being a bit silly and joking a lot, and we had such a good time. If you remember, you signed my game box and I joked with you to put something funny, so you wrote (funny)! devil

Anyway, it was the first Essen visit for my brother and father (in his 70s), and whilst they're not gamers, we played a LOT of games.

Driving back to London, exhausted, late on Sunday night all everyone could talk about was the Rockwell game: how much fun the game was, how much fun the teacher was and how much fun we all had as a group.

That is what gaming is about; my family and friends all together sharing a fun experience. And you were part of that.

Congratulations and thank you so very much.

Best regards
Keith, Paul, Sharon & James Derbyshire (eldest to youngest [and best looking and cleverest and generally coolest!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Crépeault
Canada
Val-d'Or
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey James.

Thanks for taking a few minutes to write.

I cannot ask for a better compliment than being told
someone has had fun playing Rockwell ! It makes all the
work the publisher and I put into it.

It also was my first time in Essen; 6000km away from home,
and I enjoyed every second of it. I spent 8½ hours every day
from Thursday to Sunday at the SitDown stand; I wanted to
teach the game as many times as possible, and most of all,
see how people reacted to it. (And practice my english !)

It sure made 4 years of work well worth it !

Please pass along my thanks to you wife, brother & dad.
I'm really glad you had a good time.

So play we all !

Sincerely,

BC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.