Popular Tags: [View All]
Gary Christiansen
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
weeeelllll.... y'could just toss it out and get the real honest t'gawd Dunnigan Jutland (AH) out and play that instead.

Dunnigan is in NYC being a Financial Analyst still, which is his day job. He's doing a reprint with L2 Design of Panzergruppe Guderian, but I wouldn't count on much more than that in gaming for him. You could just drop by his webpages and say hey for the sake of it.

So it sounds like this is a recommended "don't purchase", eh? Noted. Important because my son is into naval titles, AND he prefers valid history.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I can tell, everything published by Guild of Blades is crap...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Burt
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mb
You can also find Jim here
http://www.strategypage.com/

And not designing games for the Guild of Blades
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Docwra
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Nice review, this is a game that certainly will not be found on my gaming table anytime soon. You could try a look at the "Great War at Sea" series of games by Avalanche Press. The tactical combat is not as detailed as the orginal "Jutland" but there is a good operational side to the games and they contain many ships that were never actually built. Oh just to set the record straight it was the Royal Navy that had the bigger guns and the High Seas Fleet that had the thicker armor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nick P
United Kingdom
london
flag msg tools
I don't understand...this is my favorite wargame of all time. Are you all blind?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Seddon
United Kingdom
Congleton
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I haven't played this recent imposter, but I do know that the original AH game was brilliant and still gets a 10 from me today.

For its originality, playability and fun, it deserves it.

And Nick, I take it you measn the orignal AH game...why don't you rate it...you haven't yet. These old AH games need ratings so that they can not be so skewed by weighted averages.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.